One low pass crossover for 2 woofers in series?

Username: Sk8er_drin

Post Number: 1
Im wonderin, my receiver has 8-16 ohm imp. And im bout to get 2 8ohm woofers and a low pass crossover. Im askin, can i connect the 2 speakers in series between 2 speaker terminals (l and r channel) with the one crossover?
ALSO, i didn't realize this till after i ordered my crossover, it didn't say the impedance of it but that it can handle the wattage my receiver puts out, if by chance this crossover isn't meant to be connected to my setup, will just the crossover be damaged or could it do damage to my receiver or speakers?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13244

If you make a connection between the two channels, you'll blow up your amplifier.

Connect the speakers in series off just one channel.

There's good chance the crossover can handle your receiver no matter the input rating on the crossover.

Post Number: 2
Aight thanx for the response but now i wonder, is there any possible way to connect my crossover to its filtering frequencies on both of the woofers or do i need to get a second one?

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13245

Is it a stereo crossover?

Post Number: 3
umm its a scosche low pass crossover, passive, so i assume so

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13246

That doesn't tell me it's stereo. From that I would still say you'll blow up your amplifier.

Does it have inputs marked "+" and "-"? If so, how many?

Where'd you buy it? Can't they tell you whether you bought a mono or a stereo crossover?

Post Number: 4
the crossover.......
its a mono one

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13248

Run the two drivers in series from one channel. Bass is mixed into mono beneath about 100Hz so you'll hear everything that's there. One channel will be working slightly harder than the other but see what your receiver can tolerate. If it can't, buy another crossover. Until then don't try to shake windows with this system.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us