The Van den Hul MAINSSERVER HYBRID - Power Cable

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto ..., Ontario Canada

Post Number: 376
Hey Art,
Is this your cable?
http://www.vandenhul.com/p_E03.aspx

How are things working out with it? Has it been broken in now? What are you hearing over your former power cord?
Normally, I wouldn't feel a cord was worth it's own thread but yours I would rate as a component and just thought it would be interesting to get your impressoins of it. Is it a long-term keeper? Cheers.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8418
Hi George...let's save this for the weekend. Were doin' white knuckle driving and emergency services this week so not feeling like detailed posting until Friday.

I've had that power cord for quite awhile now...over a year, maybe longer. The other 2 I used were the inexpensive one from Naim and the stock one and the vdH was much better than both. This is the cable I'm using with the Apollo. Are you asking about that one or the vdH Mainstream that I just picked up for the Mira 3?

The Mainstream replaced the Kimber Kable PK10 and is outperforming it handily. I can give you more info this weekend as my wife and I did a pretty good comparison of them weekend before last.

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto ..., Ontario Canada

Post Number: 377
Yep. My bad..I meant the new vdH Mainstream you picked up for the Mira.

Sure it can wait for the weekend. I was just interested in the level of change that can be had with switching power cords. This is still an area of debate but thought it would be interesting to get the perspective of one, such as you, who has embraced this as a method of tailoring a kit. Cheers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us