PLease help!

Username: Hannan04

Post Number: 1
For some reason when I turn up the volume on my new Denon AVR 589 reciever the power shuts off. I realized this happens wne I am watching a movie and there is a loud base noise such as a gun going off or a punch. I already checked the wiring to make sure there are no loose ones. any other suggestions?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11211
Stop turning it up?

Something is wrong, stop doing that.

What kind or speakers do you have, and have you cleaned/replaced the speaker wires recently?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3421
The receiver is going into Protect mode to stop damage occurring, either to the speakers or to itself.

Switch it off. Unhitch all the speakers including the sub. Turn it on and up to the same volume that you normally watch movies on. Play a movie which exhibits the problem usually. If the receiver switches off, it's broken and you need to have it replaced or repaired (depends on warranty and age).

If it doesn't switch off, add each speaker, one at a time until it does. If it's a speaker, ensure the connections are correct. Foir example, if you're biwiring, ensure that the shorting links between the terminals have been removed. If you're not biwiring, ensure that you haven't mistakenly connected across a link (thus creating a short circuit).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us