Old + new speakers

Username: J2maxmin007

Post Number: 1
Ok, so, i have a "from scratch" sorround soud system, i have two old computer speakers and then i have a bose ipod docker. I found away to play music out of all 5 speakers. But i found a pair of good and intact JVC floor speakers, model SX-A6. I need help figuring out a way to litterally just play muisc out of them. They only have a black and a red plug in the back, marked "-" and "+". Any help would be great, thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11191
JM, we need to go shopping for a new setup, htib can be pretty good now a days.

Post Number: 2
htib?

Post Number: 3
so is there any way to keep these speakers?
or r they jst junk

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13146

What's your budget for this project?

Post Number: 4
prolly around $300. On the cheaper side is better, im rlly looking to keep some of these older speakers...but a lot of things are very cheap now

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11196
Drop into best buy and pick up their Insignia receiver, for like 149$.
And stop playing mp3 files. Collect files in a large lossless format, wma is fine.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13147

From the little you've posted here it would appear you need to loose the "from scratch" system and buy a new amplifier. You cannot power the JVC's from your existing rig and the JVC's will provide little more than a stop gap method of getting any sort of sound quality even with a new receiver. You'll also need a source player, something like a DVD to get the full benefits of surround theater. And your old computer speakers won't last long even as surrrounds. If you think cheap is the way to go with this, head to the stores looking first for a new receiver.

Post Number: 5
haha, thanks evryone, i i will. I have been looking at a Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch subwoofer for a good bass and a set of Samsung HT-Z310T 5.1 speakers for sourround sound.
Any comments on these?

Post Number: 6
Mmm, i have done little more looking, and i have also found the Sony SS-B1000 5 1/8" Bookshelf Speakers. My biggest issue is that i jst want these new speakers for listening to music, i dont need them for a TV or anything like that.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13150

For the money the Sony's are a nicely balanced little speaker. You'll still need a receiver and a player.

Post Number: 7
Yes, if i got the sony's i would also get the Sherwood 210-Watt Stereo Receiver, and the other set comes with one. What would you suggest for a player?

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 2217
http://www.consumerdepot.com/products.asp?id=RD-6500D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W9DO7U
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us