Dahlquist DQ-10 w/Elite vsx45tx

Im thinking of doing that setup. I will have 2 Dq10s and that Pioneer Elite vsx45tx. I use my setup for watching a lot of movies and listening to a lot of music. I have a JBL 12" sub (eh it gets the job done) And next I will be looking for rears and a center channel.
What do you all think of this setup? HOw are these speakers going to do for me? ANy other suggestions?
Thanks
Jeff

Jeff Plous
No one has any input on this subject?

elitefan
Jeff,
Dalquist and Elite are a very nice combo. If you like your mains buy the rest and be done with it and enjoy. I have the Elite45 and it's a really great receiver. Nothing wrong with a JBL sub at all if it blends in with your system. I kept my Def Tech pf12 when I got my Monitor Audio system and it works great. You have a great foundation with the 45 so keep building. I also would highly recommend the EliteDV45 dvd if and when you are in the market for a new dvd player or want to get into dvd-audio and sacd.

Jeff Plous
I havent actually used any of these together yet. The dahlquist I am refurbing - as they are from 1974 and the woofers need the foam replaced... THe sub I have been using and it has worked perfectly for my application so far. Any recomendations for a center and rears to go with these ancient speakers?
Thanks
jeff

elitefan
Newer Dalquist should work fine.

Seriously tho, I bought the reciever... Now Im going to buy the speakers. I like the idea of dahlquist.... My dad had them when I was a kid. But I want to know if theres better out there for mussic/moves. Im on a budget for the speakers.. So used is probably where Im at. But I want great speakers to go with my great new reciever :)
Thanks
Jeff
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us