CD Changer/Jukebox

Anonymous
I'm looking for advice on a 300-400 cd player. I've been thinking about the Sony CDPCX455. However, I've been reading mixed reviews. I would appreciate any input on this or other similar players. Thanks.

G-Man
Odds are that the DAC's in the inexpensive juke box players, and some of the components are not of the quality that exist in similarly priced carousel or single play cd players. Not that you may hear the difference necessarily. And if you have a good receiver with good DAC's, you should be able to over-ride the CD player DAC's in the menu.

If you have used the player in a store and are comfortable with the remote, the ability to find the disc you are searching for, the speed of locating and playing the disc from when you enter it, the functionality of the player, and if it sounds good to you---Go for it.

Personally, I am not fond of these players. I often like having the CD reading material in the cd box and I don't mind putting the cd's into the player. Maybe I am a control freak :-)

Anonymous
Thanks for your input. However, I really need the space saving feature the mega storage players give me.
What about the Sony DVP-CX875P? I will be playing mostly store bought and homemade cds but adding the ability for dvds seems to be a good idea. All the reviews mention the picture. What about the sound?
Also, if anyone can recommend a receiver and speakers for this I'm all ears. My max. cost for all, player, receiver and speakers is $800.
As you can probably guess, I'm new to this. Any help I'm getting in the electronic stores is limited to what's closest to the salesperson at the time. I appreciate any advice offered.

THANKS MUCH!

G-Man
If your budget is $800 for the whole shooting matc you need to get the cheapest juke box cd player.

I am not terribly familiar with inexpensive speaker systems and receivers. Maybe some speakers like the Energy 5.2's or a bookshelf speaker system with an inexpensive subwoofer. There are some package systems, but many contain a dvd player/cd player which you won't need. I imagine Polk would have an inexpensive 5.1 speaker set-up.I'm sure there are others. There are probably some inexpensive receivers by Pioneer, Sony, Yamaha, etc. Maybe get a used one.

This means you have to buy a av receiver at around $175. The juke box player you mentioned was $275.This leaves around $350 for speakers.

You will need help in this area as I have no experience in this realm.

beau
the juke boxor carolsel system sounds like an exellent way to organize all your cd's. They can be however very complicated to program. Most audiophiles will buy single cd players. The laser will read your cd better as the tray will be stronger with no play. There are some bargin ones that you can get, like Cambridge audio 500 series. you can change it to a transport by adding a dac for even better sound. It comes with 24 bit Burr Brown chip, usually found in more expensive units. Creek also is very good as is Audio refinement, providing you don't mind buying French. For pure listening enjoyment, get up off the couch and go single. You will thank me for it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us