I Auditioned Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand, Today ......

Silver Member
Username: Nmytree

Post Number: 187
I'm in love.

I absolutely love these babies!!!

What a wonderful, smooth, pleasant and musically satisfying speaker. I couldn't pull myself away from them.

I must of put in at least 12-14 CDs (of my own which I brought with me, lots of different kinds/genras) and I was smiling ear-to-ear with every disc. I had goosebumps and chills from the music coming from them.

All the emotion, passion and musicality of the music was so palpable. And they are so nicely forgiving of some of my favorite 70s rock music (which weren't recorded too well). Sounded so gooooooood!!!

They play music and play it so very well.

They are not the kings of dynamics. They are not the kings of imaging.
They are not the kings of details.

I love the timbre.

Just nice, warm and musical with nice detail; in a smooth and pleasurable presentation.....no matter what CD or kind of music I put in.

If you haven't guessed by now, I am buying a pair, very soon

I'm passing on the Swan 6.2. The Mozart Grand have won my heart.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7947
Vienna Acoustics speakers are a very warm and ultimately listenable speaker. You can just listen for hours and listener fatigue is never an issue. Some folks find them a bit lifeless and boring but I'll take listenable over ear bleed any day. I hope you get them very soon!

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3077
Viennas are excellent speakers. They're built very well and sound great. Before turning them on, the first thing that jumps out is the fit and finish. Their cabinet work is impeccable. Vienna and Souns Faber write the book on cabinet construction at that price range IMO.

My opinion of them is they're a very sweet and seductive sounding speaker. I don't find them lifeless or boring at all. If I were looking for a sweet and laid back speaker, they'd be very high up on my list.

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
Yeah, for sure.

And you guys probably don't remember, but that's the ultimate requirement for any speaker I get. It has to be listenable for hours upon hours. I listen to music so much and even my kids at their early age are already always asking for songs they like.

All of this stuff is so reliant on personal preferences. A choice that should be made based on personal tastes, individual hearing and listenign habits. It is really simply a very personal thing.

I don't believe anyone is ever wrong about what they prefer in speakers or gear. We are always right as long as we are making choices based on what we as an individual prefer.

I've auditioned speakers with my friend that he loves. But I perceive certain speakers as performing acoutical gymnastics. Where I feel like they (or the gear driving them) are exaggerating dynamics, soundstage and imaging.

But my buddy loves that in speaker and gear. And that's all good. What ever floats his boat, is all that matters.

For me, I always prefer my Wharfedale Opus 2 and these Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands. And the way they present the music.

Now I have to figure out how and where I'm going to set up the Mozart Grands, when I get them.

I'm in a situation with too many speakers.

The Wharfy Opus 2's will never be sold. So they're either going to be moved into a dedicated two channel/Home Theater room; or they stay in my office.

My Jamo C607's are occupying the family room, in a sort of budget 2 channel/HT system for all of us (including the kids).

I still haven't figured out exactky where I want the Jamo C803 to end up. They are some nice speakers, too.

So they may be placed pointing in towards the kitchen, for when I'm cooking, cleaning or hanging around the kitchen with my friends, family or kids.

Maybe I'll put the Mozart Grands in the dining room or maybe my bedroom. They sure would make for some nice late night listening while relaxing in bed. or even for those rainy days of napping in bed. Don't know.

The Castle Acoustic Warwick 3 speakers will definitely be given a vacation in their boxes, for now. I like the Mozart Grands better than my Castle speakers. And that's saying something, because I really like my Castles.

I guess at some point I'm going to have to downsize and make some tough choices with all these speakers. Some are going to have to be sold off. Simply not enough rooms, time and situations to listen to all of them, lol.

All I do know for certain, the Wharfy Opus's are not going anywhere. And I want these Mozart Grands!!! I consider them the perfect compliment to my Wharfys, for other rooms.

Damn, what have I gotten myself into

Silver Member
Username: Lamcam

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 136
I had the VA Beethoven for few weeks before I bought the Triangles. I found them too warm for my taste, no treble at all. Well, just for me...

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
loc, which Beethovens are you refering to? The newer Baby Grand? The newer Concert Grand?

Or was it the previous series?

Just curious.

Silver Member
Username: Lamcam

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 138
I had the previous series. They are very beautiful with rosenut finish. Very classy speakers, but I didn't like the sound...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us