Thinking of selling my HK AVR 445

Bronze Member
Username: Smwick

B.C Canada

Post Number: 22
I thinking of selling my Harmon Kardon AVR 445. It's about 1 year old and I've never used it for video just audio, so it's time to upgrade to an integrated amp. I guess I'll sell it on ebay but have no idea what to ask. Paid $1499.00 can. Any advise on what it is worth now? It's in like new condition.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2023
Hey Steve. I see you are upgrading to the Mira3. Way to go man. Unfortunately the H/K's don't have a very good resell value. On places like Canuck Audio Mart you can get the 745 for around 1100-1200 dollars. I would guess the 445 would go used for around 400-600 dollars. Just a guess however.

Bronze Member

B.C Canada

Post Number: 23
Thanks Nick.

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 592
Most receivers unless something exotic like B&K, Arcam, or a non mass market make do not hold their value well. I don't know about the Canadian market but in the U.S. you can usually expect to get only around 50% or so of new price for a used piece in excellent condition. HK's do in fact fair decently with about a 60-70% return on a newer line but used upper level model. NAD,Marantz, and Pioneer Elite about the same as well. Initial quality determines used resale value.

Bronze Member

B.C Canada

Post Number: 26
Thanks Eric, that's good info.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us