Triange speakers

Silver Member
Username: Lamcam

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 131
I just bought the Triangle Altea ESW speakers and like them very much. I have not read anything about Triangle speakers here and wonder why?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11001
I think they are not advertised a lot, loc. I am unsure of their dealership arrangement as well, they may want to stay small.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3262
Triangle have a relatively small but loyal following. They tread a difficult line between the run of the mill solid-state HiFi fraternity and also the valve fraternity thanks to their ease of drive and high sensitivity. Triangle is not a big company but they have been around for some time. They seem to have broken into the general consciousness in the late nineties / early noughties before which they were only really known in France, yet they've been going since the early eighties. Their visbility has been on the rise lately as they get better distribution and more coverage than they used to. Definitely one to watch.

Silver Member

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 132
Yes Frank, I bought them without audition after reading a lot of good things about them although as I stated earlier, not much review on line. They sounded very very good brand new out of the boxex, and getting better everyday with my Simaudio gears. I have tried Focal, B&W, Dynaudio, Totem before and the Trianges impress me the most and I am supprise that I have never heard of anyone here mentioned about them before... Anyway, I will try tube amp with them because I have heard that these speakers love tube.

Silver Member
Username: Patrickbateman

MA

Post Number: 110
They are small here in the US, but are the 2nd largest in France behind Focal. I believe they are readily available all throughout France, where "supposedly" they have a reall love of 2 channel music. Regardless, I have always really like Triangle speakers.

Silver Member

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 133
Yes, Triangle makes great speakers. My speakers have excellent midrange and soundstage. Just love them. I am thinking of moving to tube. Do you have recommendations for an integrated tube amp to run them? Cayin, Cary, Prima Luna,...?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11013
McIntosh?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3270
Personally, I find that Triangle speakers suffer from a fair amount of box colouration and port noise, generally speaking, but I can see how people who like a warmer character may like these speakers.

Typical valve amp combinations would include the brands you mention, as well as things like Rogue Audio, Audio Research, Border Patrol, all available in your neck of the woods I imagine.

Frank.

Silver Member

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 134
"but I can see how people who like a warmer character may like these speakers."
Frank, I think my speakers are more on the bright side than warm side.

Silver Member
Username: Patrickbateman

MA

Post Number: 111
yes, no offense at all Frank, but I dont think I have ever heard Triangle speakers called warm. I find them revealing and detailed

Silver Member

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 137
Exactly, Patrick.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us