Sound sound issues

Username: Joea

Post Number: 2
I hope someone can help here. I have a Yamaha receiver that is HDMI compatible (rxv563). I connected the hdmi from the input from the tv to the output of the receiver and then I connected an hdmi cable from the cable box to another input of the receiver. The problem I am having is the cable box is setting to a default setting of 720p. I mannualy changed the settings from the cable box from 720p to 1080i. when i turn off the receiver, tv and cable or even if I leave the cable box on. when I turn on the tv and receiver the cable box defaults to 720p again. Yamaha is saying their is nothing to trouble shoot. Funny thing is that when I run the hdmi cable from the cable box to the tv and a optical cable from the cable box to the receiver the cable stays at 1080i. if I do that, then I am not getting anything out of the receiver? Can anyone help?

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto ..., Ontario Canada

Post Number: 189
Is there any perceivable difference in the picture you're seeing between 720p and 1080i? Generally, the two are equivalent, one is not better than the other, it's more of compatability thing. If it's switching back to 720p and you don't see any difference, there probably isn't, so don't worry too much.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1603
I wouldn't worry too much about watching TV in 1080i vs. 720p. Probably not much difference to seen anyway, seeing as how most cable signals are crap anyway. If I'm watching a movie on my Blu-ray it's a different story altogether.

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
Dave, if you're watching your Blu-ray in 1080i or 720p you're losing out. That would be 1080p for Blu-ray - right?
I agree, though, no worries between 720p and 1080i, especially when it comes to cable - even if it's HD programming.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1604
Nope... my TV is only 1080i, so my BDP auto-detects this and downgrades to 1080i.

1080p would be nice, but I'm still blown away by the picture quality.

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
My brothers got the Sony XBR which has 1080p and the 24fps and that is jaw dropping on Blu-ray - so no one needs to sell me - it's just a matter of time for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us