Surround speaker help

Desperate New Guy
If I have a budget for around $2200 max excluding the sub would could the Paradigm Monitor series be good for that amount? Thinking about Monitor 11s, ADP 370, CC370. Any suggestions welcome, 8 or 4 ohm speakers welcome. I also heard about this other company from Canada called Axiom, and on the web site it looks like their Epic 80 system would also fit my budget. Please help Im new to this stuff

Tim
It depends on the size of your room, your personal listening tastes, what you'll be listening to and the euipment you'll be hooking up to, ie. the receiver/amplifier.

It's only good value if it produces a sound you like, and all the above play a role, although the most important item is probably what make of receiver/amp you've got.

Max
Hey,
I like axioms alot. They ar very high quality speakers and in my opinion they are better than paradigm. You will be very happy with the axioms so just do it!!! Good luck,
Max

Max
Hey,
I forgot one thing. If you get the axioms you have to break them in before they will really shine. They are direct from the factory and they use aluminum woofers so they need a break in period. Just leave a cd playing or something all day {dont fry amp though} and do that for a couple of days. after that they should be sounding superb!!! ok thats all.

Desperate New Guy
Sorry I forgot to add dimensions. The room is 20 X 23 with 12 foot ceilings, I also have the room prewired for rear center. I will listen to about 70% movies and 30% music. Probably using a Nad T762 A/V receiver to drive speakers, Thanks

Max
Hey,
The axiom 80 set should be more than enough to fill that room with sound!! They will also add visual beauty to the room too!! Ok talk to you later,
Max

Desperate New Guy
thanks max

Rick
I have the Paradigms and could not be happier. i have the Titan series 2, so the monitor series being bigger should sound even better. Paradigm was won a lot of awards and is highly acclaimed, just do a search with your speakers in Google and read the reviews. I have not heard the Axioms as there are no local dealers.

Max
Hey,
Yeah it's a tough choice my friend but I beleive that you will be happy with either Axiom's or Paradigm's.
Max
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us