Amp for polk rm6600 or Sony SAVE835ED

ravi
hello everyone i want to know which reciever to buy for Polk audio RM6600 and my brothers Sony SAVE835ED spkrs, My choices are Onkyo txsr501,TXSR601 or Yamaha RXV440,RXV540 & RXV640.Since i live in India the amps and spkrs are very very costly so These are the choices i have according to my budget even the Bose spkrs which i read on the net are not good are above 2000 $ here and even the one i have written above are around 14-1500 $ here I would appreaciate help if anyone can tell me how are these speakers i have read positive reviews of both these spkrs on the net

Kindly help

Max
Hey,
I would say Yamaha. They have less problems than onkyo and sound better too, at least for movies. If you could find a cheaper Harmon Kardon like the avr125 or avr225 I would tell you to get that. But if you cant find a Harmon Kardon I would say go for yamaha..If you have more questions feel free to ask..see ya later...

Ravi
Hey,
Has anyone of you heard the SOny SAVE835ED speakers tell me how are they bcoz my brother is buying them though i have read good reviews oer the net for them and plus they cost lot less than polks and all other brands, i have purchased a polk audio set and they sound great

Thanx

RAvi
Someone told me yamaha are bright recievers I have now narrowed to two choices Yamaha RXV640 or Onkyo TX SR501, TX SR 601 pls suggest

Max
Hey,
well ok its like this, yamahas are bright for music but for movies they are great. I have heard bright onkyos too so its a hard decision. I never heard the 601 or the stated yamaha but I just know my friends yamaha sounds better to me than a couple onkyos. I think either way you will be happy and either way you will still think about the one you DIDN'T get, so its a tough choice my friend. Hey good job on the polks though you will enjoy them on either receiver. I know polks are better than sony but you get what you pay for. Hey I got an idea, check out audioreviews.com and look at those 2 receivers and see what people say about them, thats what I do. can you get acces to Harmon Kardon receivers? ok talk to you later....

Ravi
These yamaha which I stated are all 6.1 channel new models RXV 440,RXV540,RXV640,RXV740 though 740 is quite costly here is the link to yamaha

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/av/index.html

Ravi
Hey max i did u ever hear yamaha NS-P436 speakers they are 6.1 someone told me they are also good can u check http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/av/products/ht/nsp436.htmlout the link

Max
Hey,
I will check them out for you and than let you know. Max

Max
Hey,
Yeah they look pretty good but I still recomend the polks if you have the money! The sony set is nice too and if you can find the sony set for cheap I would take that over the polks. I also think a good match for the sonys is the onkyo-601.

Ravi
Thanx MAX ,
I already have polks and my brother wanted to buy these SOny spkrs so i will ask him to go ahead with Sony Set and Both of us will buy the ONkyo 601 as we will also get good discount if we get two togather

Thanx again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us