Kenwood V6070D - New User.

Username: Pgmoscatt

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 1
Ok.... I am in the market for a new home audio receiver. I am new to the selection of components.

Up until now I had one of those nasty Sanui SHT-12 systems and have now a failed amp sitting in the corner.

This is my opportunity to step into the world of components.

I have been tearing my hair out on what to buy as the choice is vast.

I have been looking at the Kenwood V6070D Receiver. It appears to have good specs as far as I know and therefore would like to hear from others regarding this unit.

Or possibly someone can suggest a different make/model I could also look at for around the same cost.

Regards
Pete

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 730
Athough filled with features, the 6070 is the only Kenwood product that diappointed me. it has heat build up problems and not very tolerant of speaker impedances lower than 8ohms. I think this was an experiment on their part.
Get the newer Kenwood model, the 8070 and can be had, if you can find it, for about the same price as the 6070. This model looks similar to the 6070 but the power supplies had been beefed up and the annoying heat problem seems to have dissipated, pardon the pun.

Username: Pgmoscatt

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 2
G'Day Berny,

Just talking to Kenwood here in Aussie and they reckon there is no such model as the 8070.

What's your thought on other makes. Any suggestions ?

Pete

Username: Sirflexalot

Vancouver, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 2
i think he was meaning the vr-7080

comes with pretty snazzy remote too

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 741
Pete,
Check for Kenwood KRF-X9070D, it is the same as the VR-8070, the North American designation.

cheers

Username: George

Post Number: 1
Hi:
Another Newbie here. I just got a Kenwood VR6070
(refurb)I hooked up 5 speakers and a Sampo DVD. I need to pick up a Coaxial cable for the DVD.
MY question is when I'm inputting audio from the TV out (Audio Left and Right) The unit will play for about 6 minutes than nothing comes out the speakers. I've heard these units suffered from this , but right now I think it's operator error.
Any basic settings you can suggest will be greatly appreciated. Tonight, I'm going to use headphones to narrow it down between input and power amps. PS, it also did the same using L +R from DVD player.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us