NAD's weakest link is their pre-amp not their amp section.

Bronze Member
Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 99
Is this statement correct? I read it somewhere but I forgot to save it to my favorate list and now I can't find it.

Does this pertain to their integrated as well as their A/V products?

Thanks

Username: Doctor_t

Post Number: 9
I think this is very true. The T763 sounds good when compared with it's competition, but take the amp out of the equation and it sounds worse (in my opinion) than the Denon 3805 or the Yamaha V2400. Both of these have superior electronics in the pre-processing stage but the NAD has a great amp for a receiver. Since I don't plan to use the built in amp for the front speakers / center channel, I did not choose NAD.

Bronze Member
Username: Mgkaplan

Calabasas, CA USA

Post Number: 50
I have found that the NAD DAC processor yeilds worse sound than Yamaha or Denon. If you want to take advantage of the quality of the NAD amps, I would suggest using the analog inputs and bypassing the internal DAC.

Bronze Member
Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 100
It brings up an interesting point. No NAD owners have tested their NAD receivers just for their front end performance. Think they are hiding something? It would be a simple test if you have an extra amp sitting around.

george_k
Unregistered guest
I agree that the preamp portion isn't the best. Fortunately for me the NAD's DACs are actually better than the ones in my DVD/CD player hence the reason for using a digital coaxial connection.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us