NAD T762 and component video

irousso
Unregistered guest
Hi,
Initially I used to connect my receiver to the TV using composite cable. I then read here that its best to use component connections. I went and bought two of those cables - one to connect my DVD out and the second is used to connect the component out of the receiver to my TV in. I also have a composite connection to use the OSD option.
The question is as follows - if I set the TV to use the component in- I can only see it when the receiver is set to DVD. When I use other inputs (Sat, VCR) I see nothing on my TV - only if I switch to the composite one.
I understand that you will not gain much quality by viewing components when the actual device (VCR) send the info using a composite connection.
The question is - does this behaviour is expected?
Thanks,
Itay

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 341
Irousso,

This is normal. The NAD will only output in component what is given to it in component...does that make sense? It can not change composite to component. Some receivers can I think, but this one does not have that feature. Since the DVD player is the only thing you have connected to the receiver via component, then that is the only thing you can view when using the component input on your tv. You will have to use your other devices on composite.

irousso
Unregistered guest
yes - that makes perfectly sense.. just wanted to know things are working as they should... :-)
Thanks again!
Itay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us