"Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." ~ Henry Kissinger

Username: Cszy67

Post Number: 7
OK...your reaction will be "no way" followed by "is he serious?" and finally..."damn, there must be a way!"

I wish to use my NAD T762 to drive my mids and highs. I also have two spare NAD 2400s that I would like to bridge and use to drive the low end on each speaker.

All I need is a line-level output from my T762 to feed my 2400s. If I pull the main line-level output I can drive my 2400s but...the amplification section of my T762 now sits at idle.

My gut reaction was to use a line level splitter, route one end right back into the T762 and use the other end to drive the respective 2400. For some reason this just does not seem as if it will work.

The morale of the story...the T762 is a very weak sounding receiver. What else can I say? If I turn it up to a reasonable listening level (+12db) it kills itself within minutes. Playing at 0db is totally unsatisfactory.

Once again...how can I have my cake and eat it too!?!

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Either use the splitter, which will have a slight affect on the sound due to the change in output resistance. Probably not even audible difference, more technical. Otherwise get an out board crossover. This will split the signal cleanly and give you the abilty to vary the X-over point and the relative levels to both amps.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 260
Uuh, what kind of room and speakers do you have?

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
I have several systems set up in several rooms. I own McIntosh tubes, Citation amp, HK A/V receiver, NAD A/V reciever, Spica, Polk, KEF and Rogers speakers. I live in a 1920's bungalow so the rooms are fairly large with 10' ceilings and hardwood floors. Why do you ask?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 442
J.Vigne,
Which Rogers model do you own? I had a pair of LS5's that I passed along to my sister several years ago. They had beautiful solid hardwood cabinets and the most gorgeous high's ever. Just wondering.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 262
I was actually asking Chet because he was using +12dB setting and feeling that the T762 is weak. Sounds a little eardamaging to me.

Username: Cszy67

Post Number: 8
Land - I am the original owner of Paradigm Studio Monitors. They were built in 1992 and are the forerunners of the Studio 100 v3 speaker.

Design:
4-driver, 3-way bass reflex, Quasi-3rd order resistive port

Crossover:
2nd order electro-acoustic at 275Hz
3rd order electro/acoustic at 2.5kHz

Driver Complement:
one 25mm(1") aluminum dome, ferro-fluid cooled
one 130mm(5") hoomo-polymer polypropylene cone, diecast chassis, ferro-fluid cooled
two 210mm(8") mineral filled polypropylene cones

Performance:
Low Frequency Extension: 25Hz(DIN)

Frequency Response
On Axis 0 degrees +/-2dB from 30Hz-20kHz
Off Axis 30 degrees +/-2dB from 30Hz-15kHz

Sensitivity-Room/Anechoic: 90dB/87dB

Suitable amplifier power range: 15-300 watts

Maximum input power: 200 watts

Nominal/minimum impedance: 6 ohms/4 ohms

The speakers have served me well...and I have played the heck out of them.

I am performing some tests right now: T762 and two 2400 THXs

Will report this evening.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
I have LS3/5a's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us