1 big sub? or 2 small subs

Username: Ericb

Ottawa, Canada

Post Number: 6
I am looking at replacing my sub as I have recently replaced my loudspeakers, centre and receiver and my sub is next in line. I have been advised to match the sub with the Canton Karats M-60 I just purchased with matchin centre. Make sense so far. Now I am also being recommended to purchas 2 ASD-220 active subwoofers to go with it. My only concern is that the ASD-220 has only a 9inch sub. Can I still get room rumbling, nice low bass out of a 9inch? The price is right as I am getting 50% off as one of the 2 is a floor model and Ive become a preferred customer, but is are there subs out there capable of producing serious bass with a 9inch sub? Even with 2 of them? The specs are listed below to help anyone in answering these questions.

Technical Data

Active subwoofer system

Engineering Principle Bass reflexsystem

Nominal/musical output 70/120 watts

SPL (1 watt/1m)

Frequency response 25...150 Hz

Crossover frequency 50...150 Hz (adjustable)

Woofer 220 mm (9''), cellulose/graphite membrane

Dimensions (WxHxD) 25,5 x 38 x 40 cm
(10.0'' x 15.0'' x 15.7'')

Weight 12.5 kg

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Two subs will give more even response in any room. They are slightly more difficult to set up properly but as a preferred customer the store should give you some help with that. If you just want boomy, nasty bass get a big &^%$%$*()*& subwoofer. Otherwise take the store's advice with the ability to return them within a week if your not happy after they help you set them up. Forget the specs, they are meaningless, particularly on a sub.

Username: Ericb

Ottawa, Canada

Post Number: 7
Thanks for the quick response. I cant pick them up until next weekend but I will definitely give this a try. I posted on another forum and received the same type of feedback. As for the store, their service has been great in recent past to the point where they will come and spend hours helping me set up if and when it is required. Tanks again!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us