Infinity speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 13
I have a set (4 plus center channel)of Infinity Minuette speakers that I purchased 8 years ago. I am considering a couple of different receivers and the possibility of new speakers. I have a Yamaha receiver that isn't worth a damn, but I am loooking into either the Onkyo Sr701 or the Pioneer VSX 43TX. Any opinions on receiver? Toss the speakers or keep?

Bronze Member
Username: Gover_1

Post Number: 29
which model is your yam amp, just so we can get an idea of what to compare it with?

Bronze Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 14
I am going to relegate the Yamaha receiver that I have to a back room. I am really interested in purchasing one of the receivers listed above. I purchased a Pioneer 814K receiver just to demo the speaker with a more recent receiver, and I must say that the Infinity speakers and Energy sub that I have sound good. Therefore I have been leaning towards the Pioneer receiver, however I have read a lot of good reviews on the Onkyo receiver. I am just not "blown away" by the sound of my speakers. I initially thought that I would like to get a Bose Acoustimass 10 system, however reading reviews in here has convinced me that I can get a better sounding system piece by piece. I mostly would like it for movies, but I do enjoy listening to music of almost all genres.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us