Looking for recommendations for speakers, amp & surround sound processor

Username: Chris661

Maine

Post Number: 2
I am in the process of shopping around for a new AV equipment and would love the recommendations of experienced audiophiles. I have a room that's 25' x 15'. I currenly have a Hitachi 55" Plasma (only 1080i, will eventually upgrade), and a Denon DVD-1930CI (will eventually upgrade). I am looking to purchase a 5 speaker surround sound system, with sub-woofer, amplifier and surround sound processor that is capable of producing great video and audio for not only movies but also for listening to CD's. There are so many different manufacture's to choose from and it's a little overwhelming to try to select the best possible system for my budget. As far as the speakers are concerned I'm considering: 1. Paradigm's Signature Series, 2. PSB Synchrony Series, 3. B&W , 4. Revel, 5. Focal, 6. Sonus Faber, 7. Other recommendations? For the amplifier and pre-amp souround sound processor I am considering: 1. Anthem Statement series, P5 amp, D2 proseccor, 2. Anthem MCA 50 amp, AVM 50 processor, 3. Bryston 9B SST amp, SP 2 processor, 4. Krell, 5. Ayre, 6. Marantz, 7. Other recommendations? My maximum budget for the speakers, amp and processor are $20,000.00, although I'd love to be able to spend less for a great system. Any advise or recommendations from experieced audiophiles would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1872
Chris, I just replied to this same post over in the speakers thread. Lets keep er over there bud. More action! ;)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us