YAMAHA RXV650 or RXV1400 Which One?

Unregistered guest
Hello all - can anyone give me any hints as whether to buy the Yamaha RXV650 or RXV1400? I realise the 650 is a newer model, but does it basically have the same circuitary as the 1400 - or what are the differences? Is THX worth the extra bucks, if that's the major difference - please help, because I'm rather confused. Is the 1400 any better and worth the extra money or should I stick with the cheaper 650?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thanks Phil

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 239
The 1400 has a clearly better power supply and power amp section and it easily sounds better than the smaller Yams. It also has the full YPAO, so it adjusts also the frequencies, while the YPAO-light sets only the levels of different channels. The only benefit of the 650 is it's 7.1 direct input wich might be handy if you have a Audigy2ZS of similar soundcard that you want to plug to the receiver. For DVDA/SACD it's useless because they're only 5.1 so the 1400s 5.1 input is sufficent. The 1400 is the way to go if you dont want to wait for the 1500.

equinoxdreams
Unregistered guest
Thank you for that, landroval - when is 1500 being released and do you know what googies this has over the 1400, what is it's spec / price.
Thank you

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 241
I have no info on the 1500, but I hope to see a firewire or HDMI input in it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us