Klipsch B-3 vs. S-3

Username: Want300

Columbia, MO USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Denon receiver with my Klipsch speakers and I thought about moving my B-3's(which I use as rear speakers) into another room.

I work at Circuit City so the S-3's end up being the same price as the B-3's. So I am wondering if I should use the S-3's or if I should just buy another set of B-3's...

No one in my Home Theater department has enough depth to actually answer my question.

I have F-3's up front with a C-3 for the center and the Sub-10 and Sub-12.

Also I have toyed with the idea of selling my Klipsch speakers and looking at higher end Polk. The RTi A7 for the fronts with matching rears, center, and sub.

Any input?

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1376
Is this just for HT, or do you listen to music on this system as well?

Columbia, MO USA

Post Number: 2
Yes, I use it for both

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1377
Klipsch is great for HT, not so much for music listening. In my opinion.

You probably won't find too many Polk fans in these parts.

Columbia, MO USA

Post Number: 3
I get great deals on Polk, Klipsch, Boston, and alright on Bose... but I think they are very overrated.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1191
polish a turd...it is still a turd. do not buy a speaker simply because the price is good, but because you really like it

Columbia, MO USA

Post Number: 4
I like the speakers just fine, I just wanted to know if the S-3's would work better that the B-3's... I didn't know if the different type of speaker would be more suited for the situation.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10770
You have to be the judge of that, Tom.
Budget speakers are sometimes a winner, somrtimes not.
A lot of press goes to budget speakers that are indeed a one trick pony, others can please most people most of the time, 19 times out of 20, within 3%.

YMMV

Ya gotta try it out, man.

Gold Member

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1193
are you intending this more for ht or music? what do you have for space on your walls around where you would mount the speakers? do you want a more direct or diffuse sound? these are all questions that need to be answered.

Columbia, MO USA

Post Number: 5
These speakers would be used as my rear speakers, I have F-3's up front, with a C-3.

They aren't cheap in my mind, I am a college student so it's a pretty good set up for the crap amount of money i make right now. I get accommodations on Klipsch, and I like them. I had B-3's has my rear's before.

I am moving them to a different room for my 2nd room speakers and buying either another set to replace them or get the S-3's. I can do pretty much anything with them, mount them, or put them on the end tables of my couch like i had the B-3's.

I hook them up using a Denon AVR-988, and the rear speakers won't ever be going for music.

Gold Member

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1194
than I would go with the b-3 instead. it is a direct radiating deaign, important if you aren't going to place the speakers up on (or near) reverberant walls
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us