Polk RM 6700 vs. Paradigm Cinema 70 or 90s

Anonymous
Hello everyone,

I have narrowed my search down to these two manufacturers for my home entertainment system. I need small bookshelf speakers and need to know whether to go with the Polk RM 6700 or the Paradigm Cinema Series. I will be listening to HDTV, DVDs as well as music.

Can anyone make any kind of recommendation? My room is 18 feet long by 14 feet wide. I have a Yamaha RXV-1300 receiver. Any recommendations for a sub?

Thanks!

IdealConcepts
I was actually looking at purchasing Polk Towers at Circuit City and stopped over at a hifi store to check what they had to offer. They carried a good variety and also had paradigm. I listed to the paradigms and sound very good, I couldn't compare them to the Polks because they didn't carry them. I did research on paradigm and they have won may awards and manufacture a large majority of the speaker parts themselves. I visited another Hifi store that carried very high end products but didn't carry paradigm,they did speak highly of the paradigms though. I ended up purchasing the paradigm Monitor 9's the cc-370 center and will be purchasing 9's for the rears. I love the speakers and matched it with a Velodyne CHT12, from Circuit City. At first I was using my Yamaha HTR 5440 to run them and about a month ago purchase a Rotel Preamp RSP1066 and AMP RMB 1075. They sound even better now. I would highly suggest the paradigm line of speakers, with a Velodyne sub, and highly recommend looking what the next step up from the Cinema series just to see what the difference is, I've heard good things about the Mini Monitors. Good Luck......

Rick
I have the system 2 set from Paradigm, with the titans. The sub that comes with it PDR10 is fine, in fact I have it turned up a little more then half after configuring the system with Avia DVD. My room is 12x18 and the sub shakes the door down the hallway from the room, at half volume. Buy the set if you can, it's easier and a little cheaper I believe.

I recommend going the step up from the Cinemas if you can big difference in sound. Paradigms first non satellite system is $900, not much more price wise but a lot more sound wise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us