McIntosh XRT 18 speaker system

Bronze Member
Username: Mnr3

Post Number: 52
any comments?
I've figured out how they work, etc. assume they would be at home with the mc 2255 amp mentioned in amps area thread I posted. and since Jan is the local mac guru, I though I would seek any comments he had, but also specifically, if he chooses, to discuss the apparently "shaped sound" (are there not many components and a complex architecture to the x-overs) of many components (incl. drivers, of which there are 18x2 in this array) of the xrt18 versus where we last left off, which was the single full range driver (in a large resonating box, driven, if we want to keep it pure, by a trends or other class A amp)

obviously huge difference in the amount of clean power to play on the complex system...

for those interested, I'm going back to look at this complete set-up for a possible bid:
Mac mc 2255, c33, and the xrt 18's. I can hardly breathe, having never spent more than $500 on a sony carousel cd player and integrated-receiver (that doesn't sound as good as my 1982 sanyo mini separates I paid one twentieth of the mac full retail price; ouch, another adrenalin spike..)
thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us