Klipsch vs. Velodyne Subwoofers

Anonymous
Have a HK AVR-525 and looking for a good sub. Narrowed down to Klipsch and Velodyne...Any recommendations ?

Thanks....

Hawk
I would tend to go with Velodyne, but which Klipsch and which Velodyne are we talking about here? What are your other speakers?

gee dee
I have 2 Klipsch RB-15
2 Klipsch RS 25
1 Klipsch SC 1.0

Question which Sub....RW 12 (Klipsch) or
CHT 12 (Velodyne)

Thanks.....

G-Man
I would presume the Velodyne is better. But at this price level the subwoofer to get is the HSU VTF-2 at $499 from HSU direct. Below this price the one to get is probably the PSB Subsonic 5 at MSRP $449. This can be bought for $346 from such sites as elegantaudio.com

PSB's step up from this one is the Image Subsonic 6 that lists for $649 and can be bought for $446. PSB's top of the line Stratus 7 subwoofer lists at $949 and can be bought for $676.

But the HSU VTF-2 is great and plays with very low distortion down to 25 Hz and can play loud at low distortion. That can be said of very few subwoofers.

HSU also has a VTF-3 for $849, but unless you have a big room that requires getting down to 16-20Hz, I would buy the VTF-2 and otherwise one of the PSB's.

SVS also makes excellent subwoofers, but size-wise and visually they are rather intrusive, as they are very tall.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us