Speaker problems

Username: Kacper01

Post Number: 1
im having some problems with my system and im really confused about whats going on. i have my speakers in and i have an amp hooked up to 2 10 inch punch subs. all other speakers are running off of the head unit, none to the amp. everything worked fine, inculding the subs, even at high volumes. the problem is that now, once i begin to add volume and it gets close to the max, the speakers begin to click and all short out at once, except for the sub connected to the amp. i thought it might have had something to do with the amp and sub, so i unplugged the RCA cables from the stereo so that only my stock speakers were running, and it still happens. it doesnt make much sense because before everything worked fine. now its usually when more bass comes in at higher volumes- all of my speakers stop working at once, come back in for a split second, then short out again- over and over. i tried making sure that the wires in the back of the head unit werent exposed to anything, so i unhooked them and put them back together neatly and with electriical tape around any exposed wire. the speakers work fine but it keeps happening. it all seemed to have started to happen wen i tried to run off 2 80w kove's off of the wires of my stock speakers in the back, just to see if they worked. they were all working fine, and all of a sudden everything shorted out, so i detached the koves, and turned off my car. i turned everything back on again, and since then they seemed to have been shorting out like i explained. if anyone can help me with this situation please let me know. thanx

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 275
Post this in the "car audio" section of the forum. Someone will help you there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us