Quad 22l

Username: Nandakumarhv

Post Number: 9
I have just purchased quad 22l(not 22l2) and i have marantz sacd 7001 cdp and for time being i want to pair it with marantz pm 7200 amp. please give your views on this setup.

Silver Member
Username: Nout

Post Number: 132
I own a Marantz PM7200 and I have tried these speakers.
Though the amp can handle the speaker load pretty well at low and medium levels, I didn't like the match.

The highs are smooth with these speaker, I like the Quad's soft dome tweeter very much, but paired with the Marantz the high-midrange can be glary: female vocals have a tendency to sound somewhat 'glassy' and 'hard' and sometimes, with close-miked recordings, they sound like they have smoked too much sigars or have a cold.

I would recommend a more stable and powerful amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Markdavid

Post Number: 34
hi
I am using the Quad22L for two years now, very good speakers ..but not with Marantz Pm 7200 . Try Roksan kandy Mkiii , they make wonders with Quad 22L and a perfect match . Also try CyrusCD6s CDp instead of marantz SACD 7001.

mark.

Post Number: 10
hi mark,
what type of music do you listen, your room size and cables and rca. I listen to only classicial music( instrumental )

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
hi nanda

I listen to classical as well , some times i listen to newage and world music .All type of music sounds good on Quad . Its one of the best speakers i have listened for that money.

mark.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1978
I've had a Musical Fidelity A5 running my Quad 22l's for some time now - enough to know they're all staying. Music is jazz, blues, rock and a smattering of classical. CDP is Naim 5i.

Nanda, many people like the Marantz sound and while others can offer many opinions, in the end it your ears that count. Trying before you buy is highly recommended.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
hi Nanda

I am using the Quad 22L with Quad 909 and 99 pre , ( waiting to upgrade to Bryston setup ) . i am using the Roksan Caspian CDP , very nice sound . Like M.R said , your ears are the best judge , so listen to every setup before you buy.

mark.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks guys,
I want to try cyrus 8 with quad 22l2, any opinions.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
just go to a nearby dealer and listen to the setup, you could not go wrong with a Cyrus 8 or a Roksan kandy , both are good in their own respect.

mark
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us