Klipsch GMX pro media 5.1 surround problems with PC

Anonymous
I bought the Kilpsch Pro Media GMX 5.1 speakers and I have a Soundblaster Audigy 2. I can't get EAX environmental sounds, or tru 5 channel surround to work with this configuration. Being digital connection, it only get sstereo signal unless you run DVD's then the buit in encoder kicks in and you get 5 channel surround. Is it possible to use a SPDIF adapter of some sort to get the EAX sound? Or am I screwed? I got suckered into buying these speakers. Id really love to know if I can somehow get the EAX to work. Thanks much.

Anonymous
Open Tech Support Archives » Archives

Pages:1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Klipsch Pro Media 5.1
(Click here to view the original thread with full colors/images)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Texas Turkey

10 May 2002

Recently acquired a set of Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 surround sound speakers. Can't get the center speaker to work with Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum sound card. Remember reading about this problem in a knowledge base somewhere but because I suffer chronically from "teflon brain" [nothing sticks for very long] I can't remeber where I read it and what the fix is.

Specifically, does anyone know how to configure a set of Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 speakers to interface propperly with a SB Audigy Platinum sound card so that the center speaker will function as something other than a paper weight, i.e., try as I may, I cannot get used to a speaker that sits ... endlessly ... doing nothing but sitting there listening as opposed to playing sound.

Texas Turkey
TexasLawyer@sbcglobal.net

Posted by: Outlaw

Getting the center speaker to work isn't easy.
It will probably never play when listening to music.

I got a 5.1 set too and the only times I hear sound from the center speaker is when I'm watching a DVD, playing Diablo2, or using the creative diagnostics program.

What windows do you have?

Posted by: Texas Turkey

10 May 2002

Thanks for the reply. I am running Windows XP Pro.

Unfortunate part about this dilemma is that Klipsch doesn't really have tech support; seems to only be offered through the vendor who sold the system which, in my case, is NewEgg meaning no support whatsoever.

I can't imagine why Klipsch would manufacture a speaker system that isn't fully functional in a state of the art operating environment.

Texas Turkey

Posted by: Ion Silverbolt

That's why I receommend the 4.1's over the 5.1's. 100$ isn't worth it for the extra speaker that gets used 20% of the time.

It's not a design flaw or software problem. The problem is, nothing is made for 5.1 surround except some games and DVD movies with software that supports 5.1 surround sound.

Posted by: Darky!

The center channel wil only be usedin EAX games, DVD's, some DivX, etc.

And its not just for the center speaker, you get two big subs as well ion.

Posted by: Ion Silverbolt

Well I have both the 4.1's and the 5.1's. The difference between the two is not worth 100$.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vB Easy Archive Final - Created by Xenon and modified/released by SkuZZy from Scripts
This web site is Copyright ©2000-2003, Tolitz Rosel & Open Tech Support. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright Info / Privacy Statement / About Us / Archives
Support Our Site / Back to Home

Anonymous
EAX and A3D can not be passed digitally. The only thing that can do this is an nForce mombo with SoundStorm technology. There is nothing wrong with your speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us