H/K and PSB, is it a good match? if not why?

TUMSULTRA
I have H/K AVR525 AND LOOKING FOR SOME SPEAKERS, THE TWO I'M CONSIDERING ARE THE

PSB
Up Front: Pair - Image 5T
In the Center: One - Image 9C
Surrounds: Pair - Image 10S
The Sub: One - Image SubSonic 6

OR

KLIPSCH
Up Front: Pair - RF 25'S
In the Center: One - RC 35
Surrounds: Pair - RS 35'S
The Sub: One - RW12

HAS ANYONE HEARD TO EITHER OF THE SPEAKER SETS WITH THE AVR525?

Joong-In Rhee
I personally prefer the PSBs. Some people love klipsch, and others really don't like it.

Try to hear both, and go with the one Y O U like - you have to be happy with them, since you will be the one listening to them.

You might want to consider Athena, Monitor audio bronz, and paradigm speakers. All come with good reputations.

My favorite is Monitor audio bronz, and paradigms are close second.

But the two you mentioned are good also. More people like PSB, but the good thing about Klipsch is that they have lively sound - as if the actors or singers are "there" in your room. Some people don't like them for their bright un-natural sound - matter of taste.

Definitely try to hear them yourself b4 buying, and go with the one Y O U like.

Hawk
I agree with Rhee--your choice in receiver is not what I would get to go with some really incredible PSB loudspeakers--I think of the PSBs as being a very relaxed speaker, just a bit laid back. The H/K 525 is a very laid back sounding receiver and generally I do not like to mate a receiver with speakers that have the same sound charecteristics. I often recommend Klipsch speakers with a 525, so I would endorse that system.

However, it is still what you like, not what I like that counts. If you like the PSBs with the H/K 525, then by all means get that system. We all hear things differently and this is your system bought with your money. You should be listening to and comparing the two systems if possible to see what you like better. That is the only opinion that really counts.

Good luck!

TUMSULTRA
Thanks guys for the advice, only problem I have is I dont have any place near me that would let me demo out that sort of configuration...I know circuit city nor Best Buy would have either setup, where do people normally go to demo out their systems? are there any places that would be willing to unwrap/bring out such speakers just because I want to listen to them?

G-Man
Contact PSB from their online site. I am sure they will tell you the closest dealer.

There are a lot of sites that sell PSB at 20% or more discounts. Elegantaudiovideo.com for one.

Hawk
TUMSULTRA:

G-Man is right about Elegant Audio. Good place to check out. You may wish to check out something else like Monitor Audio, as well. That would also be a good combo with the 525.

Hey, if you find a PSB dealer near you, take your 525 and have them connect it to their board. That way, you can hear what the PSBs sound like with your receiver. I have done this and most dealers have no problem, especially if you do it when they are not busy. Saturday mornings are usually a great time to do it, or any weekday morning is even better. Just a thought . . .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us