Harmon Kardon AVR-525....What Speakers ?

Anonymous
I am purchasing the AVR-525 and would like some
recommendations for speakers including center, surround, subwoofer, etc. Budget $1500-$2000.
Room size is app. 16x18 and 10 foot high ceilings.

Like brilliant sound with full bass out of the sub.

Thanks

Joong-In Rhee
If you haven't bought it already, you might want to consider outlaw audio receiver 1050 ($499) at outlawaudio.com Check out the reviews on that sight - impressive.

For speakers, try to hear as many of them as you can, and go with the one you prefer the most, since you will be listening to them, you should like it despite what anybody says.

I would recommend :

Monitor audio bronz
Paradigm
PSB
Athena

Invest 10% of your system on cables - they do make a difference. When you buy the speakers, ask them to give you a good deal on wires.

An economic alternative in speakers is Fluance on ebay ($250 for 5 speakers) They sound ok.

elitefan
I would recommend trying to hear a Def Tech system of Studio Monitor 450 for mains, 350's for rears, clr1000b for center[or another 350] and a ProSub100.[10"]. This would be a perfect match with the H/K 525. Dynamic and powerful and incredible bass as the 450 and 350 have built in subs. Also other Def Tech models like the 2004 or 2006 for mains would work great.

elitefan
I would recommend trying to hear a Def Tech system of Studio Monitor 450 for mains, 350's for rears, clr1000b for center[or another 350] and a ProSub100.[10"]. This would be a perfect match with the H/K 525. Dynamic and powerful and incredible bass as the 450 and 350 have built in subs. Also other Def Tech models like the 2004 or 2006 for mains would work great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us