Archive through June 10, 2008

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 823
The latest setup with the new Brystons (and the crappy Pioneer).

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10029
Good pic, and thanks David.

Rush will roll tonight...

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 824
...and the scotch will pour?

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1894
Some nice pics and systems guys. There's quite a diverse collection of kits appearing on this thread. God save the music - well it sure seems we're trying.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10032
Dave, I be up at 5 tomorrow, the redhead will likely wake me at 1 after nightshift, and I am headed to Atlanta tomorrow am...

So yeah, maybe just one...

with the Rush.Pemanent waves master disc
With a twist of throttle on the box again.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1343
lol thats for sure M.R.

David, sweet layout, and glad to see you got a nice looking stand. Good stuff.

Nuck- Back at it, right on. Cant wait to see those big Classe amps again.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10035
Thanks, Nick.
The pics are in progress..just like Mike's fish dinner, LOL!

It kinda looks like I had envisioned my X's lawyer..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1346
LOL mmm Fish.

One big difference from our Rigs and X's, Nuck. We like what we are hearing from our Rigs. X's?? ErrRRRr not so much. lol The uglier the setup, the better it usually sounds. Besides, I don't care where you stick those Classe's, they'll make sweet music anywhere you put them

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2618
David,

Great stuff. There's no shame in the Pioneer game. Yeah, it may not be the very best solution out there. But right now in your room, I'm pretty sure your system is singing. There's always 'better' out there. Enjoy what you've got until you can comfortably do better. Its a journey, not a destination.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 826
Thanks Stu,

I'm actually pretty happy with my setup right now. I realize the Pioneer isn't the greatest source, but for listening to music it's ok, and for watching movies it's actually great.

I agree with the journey part.

The next thing is to ditch el cheapo Toshiba SD player and get myself a half decent blu-ray.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1348
"Great stuff. There's no shame in the Pioneer game. Yeah, it may not be the very best solution out there. But right now in your room, I'm pretty sure your system is singing. There's always 'better' out there. Enjoy what you've got until you can comfortably do better. Its a journey, not a destination."

So True. Well said Stu my man.

"The next thing is to ditch el cheapo Toshiba SD player and get myself a half decent blu-ray"

By far the best investment for movie enjoyment I have made to date. The difference will blow you away David. Not only for video quality, but audio quality as well. Do your homework before buying one though. Have fun with it. Cheers.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 827
I actually bought a Sharp BD player back before Christmas, but I returned it. Was "problematic", to be kind.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6659
Very cool pics Bvan and David...I'd have been fooled with the Nuck/Fish pic if only there were a beer belly there...lol!

Love that pic of the Bryston Stu...I just love the look of that amp.

Silver Member
Username: Bvan

Post Number: 300
Christopher

Thats a tough one. One of the more apparent things about the sound, if you were coming from conventional box speakers, would be the bass. Dipole bass is to my ear a lot cleaner and more realistic sounding. The other would be these speakers spacial presentation. To use an analogy, you know those 3D prints where you stare at them for a few minutes an all of a sudden it becomes 3D and then you can relax and look around in the 3D space, well its sort of like that with these speaker, probably do to their point source nature as much as their dipole nature. But the with a rear wave and with speakers well out into the room they also have the ability to image very deep.

I've come to these coaxials after a few proper single driver open baffles as well as pseudo full range box speakers (Zu) and find the coaxial arrangement to be the best compromise i.e I'd take a very high quality crossover to the limited bandwidth of a full range driver.

These particular Hawthorne drivers, the Sterling version of the Silver Iris arent cheap but they are exceptional. Apart from making music that sounds more like music than anything else I have ever heard they also tick all the hifi boxes like detail, transparency etc. And their scale and pure effortlessness on large scale dynamic music is something to behold.

Dont like to sound like a proselytizer but they get me really exited. I've just finished a few month stint working in a fairly decent hifi store and not even the Monitor Audio Platinums or Tannoy coaxials left me with a seconds doubt as to what I would want to live with. Would hope more people could hear these or similar designs. If you come upon the Jamo 909 have a listen, then imagine those but with better imaging and you'll come close.

cheers

b

Gold Member

Post Number: 1349
"I actually bought a Sharp BD player back before Christmas, but I returned it. Was "problematic", to be kind"

Oh yeah the first gen Sharp had problems up the ying yang, but the new one is much improved. Look for the new Sony's, and probably still the best overall for pic and sound, the Pioneer Elite.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2619
"Dont like to sound like a proselytizer but they get me really exited."

And that's what is all about, b. If it doesn't excite or move you, what's the point?

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1896
Getting off topic here but one point:

Look for the new Sony's, and probably still the best overall for pic and sound, the Pioneer Elite.

If your receiver/processor doesn't have the hi-rez codecs (Doldy True HD, DTS HD & DTS HD Master) then I'd go for a player that has these decoders onboard and not just the streaming ability. The Panasonic BD10a was the only one available here that bhad these (except DTS HD Master) when I purchased ours.

Otherwise, if you want the great sound, a new receiver/processor will be required also - $$$$$$$$$$

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2226
­
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=34579&post=1506751#POST150675 1

Gold Member

Post Number: 1353
"If your receiver/processor doesn't have the hi-rez codecs (Doldy True HD, DTS HD & DTS HD Master) then I'd go for a player that has these decoders onboard and not just the streaming ability. The Panasonic BD10a was the only one available here that bhad these (except DTS HD Master) when I purchased ours."

The new Sony(more expensive one) and the new Pioneer Elite blu-ray players do all that and might even wash the dishes from time to time. lol.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2227
­
"The new Sony(more expensive one) and the new Pioneer Elite blu-ray players do all that and might even wash the dishes from time to time. lol."

In addition, there will be the Panasonic PDMP-BD50, which may be available before the Sony 550 or the Elite model. The dishes I can take care of, but it would be nice if these new players didn't need some complicated firmware upgrade to work properly.
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1354
LOL I hear ya on that one John. My BDP-S1 took not one...not two...but THREE firmware upgrades before it handled the codecs. lol Im a technical guy, so I figured it out. But I even had to make a bootable cd that the player would detect and send it to my dealer, as they couldn't even figure it out. Lets hope no more firmware upgrades are needed for any players.lol Cheers.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10039
Seems a PITA to me....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1356
yeah, but works perfectly now. My Player was the first Sony Blu Ray player that retailed for 1499.99 when it came out. It basically played blu-ray movies and that was it.lol. When I bought it the second gen firmware was out, and then two weeks later the third and final firmware came out. Took me about 10 minutes to flash it and its been a perfect machine since. And does all the HD audio crap itself, which is perfect since my receiver doesn't.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1899
Fair enough Nick. It seems in this country we are always last to get the new models of anything. Be nice if they did wash the dishes though!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1357
lol sure would be. My new place comes with a dish washer. Loading it would still be nice.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Canada

Post Number: 2156
Nice pics guys. I'll post some too after I get my basement finished (in about a year!). Pictures with old (and soon to be disposed-of) stained carpets and unplastered sheet-rock are not very appealing.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10040
Hiya Peter! Where have you been?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6661
Mista G whaddup!

Silver Member
Username: Scorpio1

PA USA

Post Number: 108
Dave Mitchell

Great looking setup. Where did you get your racks from? They look alot like IKEA bedside tables.

Do you find the wood provides better sound than metal or glass platforms?

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 831
They're actually cheap stackable, modular shelving units from Canadian Tire!

I think they cost me maybe $40 each (I have 2 stacked).

The only problem I've found is that there is a thin fibre-board back to it that you nail in with small tacks. One of my subs is right beside the unit, which caused the fibre-board to oscillate like crazy. So I ripped the back off and used some metal strapping in an "X" instead (the fibre-board helped add rigidity to the shelf). Problem solved.

Silver Member

PA USA

Post Number: 109
Cool. The IKEA stands are about $30 each. Small investment if it can improve the sound a bit. Thanks.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2622
Ed,

The Naim guys love the Ikea Corras and Lack stuff for component racks. They're also dirt cheap. My Naim dealer recommends the Ikea stuff if money is tight, and the Naim Fraim for people who's budget can swing it. They say the Ikea stuff outperforms just about anything else, regardless of price.

Silver Member

PA USA

Post Number: 110
I may have to pick one up this weekend. Would it be matter if I used 3 or 4 spikes on the bottom?

Silver Member
Username: Luxendel

Gondelsheim, Baden-Württe... Germany

Post Number: 172
"The Naim guys love the Ikea Corras and Lack stuff for component racks. They're also dirt cheap. My Naim dealer recommends the Ikea stuff if money is tight, and the Naim Fraim for people who's budget can swing it. They say the Ikea stuff outperforms just about anything else, regardless of price."

I got the sequel of the famous Corras...

http://www.ikea.com/de/de/catalog/products/90120545

I am very impressed. For 19€ very very good value for money...

I put 3 spikes on the bottom.
2 front corners, 1 back center.
VERY stable!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Bvan

Post Number: 301
http://users.adelphia.net/~dbcraw/rack/index.html

i built a version of this flexirack. cheap and supposed to sound good. very easy to customize the number and heights of shelves. Onl change I made was to anglegrind the bottom of the steel rods into spikes, and spray the bottom sides of each 1" mdf shelf with automotive vibration dampening stuff.

Silver Member

PA USA

Post Number: 111
"Nice pics guys. I'll post some too after I get my basement finished (in about a year!). Pictures with old (and soon to be disposed-of) stained carpets and unplastered sheet-rock are not very appealing."

Hey P Galbraith, make sure you take some of the bad anyway. It will make a great before/after album once your basement is all done up.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10045
Geez, and I am gonna buy a house just like that!
Sigh...

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 2157
Hi Nuck, Art, Ed, others,

Good point Ed. When I get on the verge of starting, I'll take some before shots. Actually, I have kinda started. I'm wiring up some lights and temporarily securing them to the rafters. Then a few walls and doors go up, then plastering, then paint, then suspended ceiling, then flooring, then moldings. It's going to be a long process.

I see lots of new people on the forum.
That's a good sign.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6694
Then there's still us old timers...but hey we're in it for the long haul...

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 2158
And Nuck with 10000+ posts! I remember when he was a newbie!

All the way up to 17C today. Snow is melting like crazy, finally.

Silver Member

PA USA

Post Number: 113
P, are you using your existing equipment or are you revamping and going with new stuff in the renovated area?

Maybe I can learn enough around here to make it to 1000 meaningful posts.....

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 2159
Ed,

Mixed bag. It'll be an HT room but also pulls stereo duty. I'll be upgrading the 52-inch (non-HD) RPTV to about the same diameter LCD. That means HDMI, and an upgrade to an HDMI-capable receiver, and then blue-ray as soon as the local video rental place has some in stock that we can rent. A while later, I will likely add a screen and projector for movie-viewing.

But I'm keeping my speakers. I just want to swap some of their roles (moving a surround speaker to center duty), but that means some clever design to hold the bulky 100-lbs future center channel up above the future TV.

But before all that, there's a support beam in the middle of the room that has to be moved! And I have no idea how much that is going to cost. I'm hoping that it won't be prohibitive.

Lots of stuff to think about...

Silver Member

PA USA

Post Number: 114
P. G.

Can't wait to see how things turn out for you. I'm always looking for ideas since I will (hopefully) buying a new house next year.

Maye I will get a dedicated HT/listening room afterall.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 2164
A dedicated listening room is great if you have speakers that must be placed away from walls, well into the room (not my case, but still). It keeps the wife happy.

A dedicated HT room is great for the whole family.

Bronze Member
Username: Pcstockton

Post Number: 16
Ive never felt the need for an "audiophile" home theater system. And until now I have always integrated my 2 channel and HT systems. I am almost done setting up my new dedicated Naim system for 2 channel. So the below will be my HT.

Here is my budget 2/5.1 Channel system. All soon to change when my new Naim speakers arrive. Pictures upcoming.

But as it stands now...

Vizio LCD HDTV
Motorola HD-DVR Cable Box

Adcom GFA 5300 Amplifier(for Fronts)
Yamaha HTR 5960 Receiver
Cheap Phillips DVD Player

Energy Pro Series 4.5 (Fronts)
Energy C-C100 (Center)
Energy C-50 (Surrounds)
Energy S8.3 (Subwoofer)

Dell Tower for PC Audio (FLAC)
to TOSlink to Yamaha.

Harmony 720 Remote
Salamander Archetype rack.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6745
Very nice Patrick...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Thanks Art.

If you are ever in Bend....... I have a spare bedroom and will have some All Naim Gear for you to hear!

Im not exactly sure how all of this will play out when my new speakers arrive.

Things are definitely going to change though.

I think I will need to use that rack for my Naim boxes. Now, 2 sets of fronts (both floorstanders). But then, what to do with the yammy and center speaker?

I guess there are bigger problems.

I am trying to keep things live-in girl-friend compliant. So taking up 2 walls might not be an option.

We'll see. More pics of new set-ups to come in one week!

Silver Member

PA USA

Post Number: 117
Sweet setup Patrick. Welcome to the Naim family. Which pieces are you adding for your 2 ch setup?

Enjoy your new sounds.

Ed

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Thanks for the welcome!!!

I have a 102/180.

Waiting on some s/h Arivas and NACA to arrive UPS. Should be here next week.

Beresford DAC, which I am having some problems with right now. It is making some serious noise through the Naim gear now.

http://forums.naim-audio.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/48019385/m/6302989317/p/2

go to the bottom for my problem....

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6747
I love Bend Patrick...when I first started in state employment my aim was to eventually transfer over to the Bend office...then ya'll got too big and expensive for me...never know though. Maybe after my wife retires...

We'll likely be over there this summer...we'll see ya then!

Silver Member
Username: Kevincorr

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 517
I passed thru Bend a yr ago to visit my pal in La Pine. Been there many times. It's a great area!
A retired electrician and musician I have hung out with since 1954! Actually it is 10 miles past The Pine. From the hwy it looks like the middle of nowhere, but there are thousands of new houses back in there. Great dedicated music room:

Upload

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6751
Been down in the La Pine area many times...love it out there.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 518
LaPine is great to visit, but after 35yrs in Squarebanks Alaska, I have had my fill of 'one horse' towns. Bend, I could live in though.
You have the advantage on your side of the Mts though to get to the big city fast for concerts, fests, and gigs!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6752
Indeed Kevin..that's one reason I'm still here...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
i can be in Portland in 3 hours flat. Thats not bad.

Buckethead played in Bend a couple weeks ago!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6754
Little over an hour for me...weee!

What's a Buckethead?

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2682
I was wondering the same thing.

Bronze Member
Username: Zorro

Post Number: 76
http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/buckethead/artist.jhtml

Bronze Member
Username: Afj

GaboroneBotswana

Post Number: 58
Upload

this guy must really love his music

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 876
That's awesome.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 522
Is that Naim gear?

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 877
If you look very closely I think you can actually see the NAD logo...

Silver Member

PA USA

Post Number: 118
Just goes to show that you can enjoy a Naim kit anywhere.

Bronze Member
Username: Afj

GaboroneBotswana

Post Number: 60
well the japanese have had a higher penetration of music products into africa than other regions so its got a higher probability of being a toshiba or a sony or a......

WHAT THE HECK - ITS A MARK LEVINSON

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6761
"Is that Naim gear?"

It's certainly flat earth....

Hey, as long as he's jammin' it's all good!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
He would be much better off upgrading the car battery to a second-hand Hicap.

Is that system properly earthed?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
from wiki

Buckethead is an American guitarist and composer. He is known for wearing a white plastic mask and a KFC bucket on his head while performing.

He is a prolific composer, having released 38 solo albums and performed on over 50 more. He has also made a guest appearance on 44 different albums from various artists. His music spans across diverse areas such as thrash metal, funk, electronica, jazz and avant-garde music.

Although a multi-instrumentalist (playing guitar, bass guitar, banjo, keyboards, ukulele, organ, violin, clarinet, saxophone, recorder, drums, gong, and piano), Buckethead is best known for his electric guitar playing, characterized by diverse playing styles spanning thrash guitar, fingerpicking, and slap guitar. Guitar One voted him number 8 on a list of the "Top 10 Greatest Guitar Shredders of All Time".[2]

Although Buckethead now works primarily as a solo artist touring the United States with a trio, he has had a wide variety of high profile collaborations with such artists as Les Claypool, Tony Williams, Bootsy Collins, Bernie Worrell, Iggy Pop, Serj Tankian, Guns N' Roses, Saul Williams, Mike Patton, Viggo Mortensen and with Bill Laswell on Praxis.

...a music journalist from California was on assignment in the Arkansas delta. Searching for an obscure blues artist along rural back roads, he lost his way and pulled into a long-abandoned drive-in theater. There in the distance, from a ramshackle chicken coop beneath mega-powerful power lines, he heard an incredible shred guitar. He saw a towering creature clutching a guitar. A freakish white mask hid his face, a chicken bucket covered his head. His only companions were his guitar, a battered amp with a cord rigged straight to the top of the power line, and a few clucking buddies. Any attempts to communicate with him were answered by a motionless blank stare, senseless riffing, or the unearthly clawing motions of his filthy arms.

Somewhat disturbed by this event, the journalist turned to leave. Suddenly the creature in the coop launched into a mind-numbing display of guitar gymnastics. Terrifying two-handed arpeggios careened into blistering solos.

Savage shred-runs segued into sublime quotes from Disney flicks. After a squealing finale of feedback, he threw down the guitar, waved his arm, and lurched out the door. He moved helter skelter across the field and pointed exitedly to a hole in the back wall of the drive-in.

Well, the rest is history...

www.bucketheadland.com

Upload

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6762
Wish I hadn't asked...lol!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
He is truly amazing.

Virtually EVERY genre represented in his works.

And his is quite strange.

Think along the lines of The Residents... complete mystery

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Art,

Is that a Tandberg receiver at the top of the page on the first post?

Sweet, if so... One of my first pieces of "hifi" was a nice vintage Tandberg...

At least was until I tried to unplug something from the back and the entire back plate came out and ripped a bunch of soldered joints and basically rendered it worthless. But it sounded great, and had the McIntosh feel to it.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6764
Sansui 6060.

I really liked the looks of the Tandbergs and they sounded nice as well. That Sansui is for sale to buy a new platter for my MMF2.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1464
Ok so I have learned that the flash on my Wife's Sony digital sucks compared to the Fuji. These pics bite. The house is in a box haven mess as we are moving to our new house we just bought in a month. Here is a sneek peak, but could care less as the new setup is going to look a million times better, and hopefully sound at least as good.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6801
Very nice Nick...man those MA's are beautiful!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1465
Thx Art. This setup is temporary. The Bryston Pre Amp will go where the NAD is(not on top) and the NAD will go over to the Home Theater Rack. But Until May/June, I am stuck with a NAD/Bryston sandwich on the top bunk.lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1466
To add, the flash on my camera really sucked making the pics kind of "wabbly" looking. The Bryston Pre is absolutely mint. It is even in better shape than the NAD AVR which is only a few years old. And the presentation and sound of this thing, from what I can recall, is the same as the more recent model of Bryston pre's I have heard. I just get this thing about one centimeter off Mute and its at a volume where your yelling at your buddy.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 891
That's awesome Nick. Those speakers look very familiar ;-)

I like the look of them much better without the grills on, but it's not an option now since my baby girl is now standing and getting into EVERYTHING.

You still have the Paradigm center?

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Wisconsin

Post Number: 708
Good stuff, Nick.

Congrat's on the house and good luck with the move.

Silver Member

PA USA

Post Number: 119
Good looking equipment Nick and the pics don't look that bad. And congrats on the new house.....

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 893
Post some pics of the new digs when you get settled.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1468
Thx guys. Oh new pics will definitely be in order once I get settled in. (Getting married two weeks after the move, help me.)

Dave- I think im going to keep the Paradigm center as I am planning on having a separate HT setup away from the music setup. I just need to one more set of Paradigm speakers. Or if the guy doesn't pay me and pick up his Studio Monitor's soon, then I won't have to worry about it.lol Cheers.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10148
Great, Nick!
My invite got lost in the mail...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1471
lol Nuck I will re-send it.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2803
What once was...

Upload

has now become...

Upload

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2804
More pics...

Close up of the Audio Physic Yara Evolution Bookshelf

Upload

Canare 4S11 speaker cable dressed up in some Techflex, shrink wrap, and some Audioquest silver crimp spades

Upload

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2805
Old 1Xpression pic

Upload

Current 1Xpression pic with Acryl-It platter, Speed Box mkII, Dynavector 10x5 cartridge, and Musical Fidelity Stable-1 isolation table

Upload

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6961
Cool pics Stu...love that platter!

No loss of fine detail indeed, beautiful speakers.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2806
Audio Physic wasn't kidding when they picked that as their slogan.

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 1878
The dog bed doubles as an acoustic treatment right?

Silver Member

PA USA

Post Number: 121
Did you leave the lights off on purpose for effects on the before and after?

BTW, very nice looking speakers....

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2807
Taking pictures in my room is pretty tough. Its a finished attic and only has one window. The energy efficient bulbs don't help out much, and I haven't exactly seen the savings the package advertised. Its been a year and a half!

The "Dog bed" is actually a cat bed, and there's 2 of them. The one on the left is your standard pillow type bed. The one on the right - mostly cut out of the picture - looks like an actual bed. It has Kitty Kott written on the front of it. We've got 2 cats, and neither one sleeps on either of them. Hence why they somehow ended up where they are now. At least I don't trip over them any more (the beds, not the cats).

Gold Member

Post Number: 1606
Wicked pics Stu- Awesome setup. My favorite piece is the NES!! lol Classic dude, do you have excite bike?

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2809
I don't have Excite Bike. I know it sounds sacreligious, but I was never that big a fan of it. Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Techmo Super Bowl, Super Mario Bros (all of them), Blades of Steel, and a few others are played on a regular basis.

If you've got an old NES hanging around, they can be fixed for about $10 or so. I bought a new pin connector, some game cleaning solution, and a tool to open up the games for about $20 total. It works as good as it did (maybe even better) the day I got it for Christmas. Google NES repair.

I'm contemplating a Super Nintendo next, now that the stereo is about as good as it'll ever get for me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1880
...This just in...I won an Infinity PS210 Subwoofer for $108 (+s/h) on eBay...pictures & review to follow...that is all...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1882
Upload

Not much of a looker, but I'm not complaining for the price I payed. I just got around to hooking it up, and am still playing around with the set-up, but clearly this thing packs quite a punch and will help fortify the P362s bottom end, especially for the occasional movie.

Anyone have any tricks up their sleeves for subwoofer set-up? I figure it'll just take some trial & error till I find a setting I like.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1620
Stu- Mike Tysons Punch Out and Blades Of Steel are amazing classic game.lol I want one now.

Chris- nice sub man. Free is the best price for any item.bravo.

I got pics coming soon. After the wedding this Saturday.eek.

Silver Member

PA USA

Post Number: 127
Congrats on the upcoming wedding and honeymoon.

Definitely need to see pics from the new digs.

I kind of feel left out. Ever since my speakers got here all I do is listen to music.

Saving up for my next CDP and power supply. Damn it's taking a long time.....

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2840
Nick - Best of luck to you and the future Mrs. K.

Chris - An easy way to place a sub is to put the sub where your chair is (on the floor, not in the chair) and play some bass tones. Walk around the room, and when you've found the spot that the bass sounds best, place the sub there.

There are far more scientific ways, and this isn't fool proof. It'll take some minor adjustments to get it just right, but it works pretty well. PSB suggests that as one way to do it. Here's a link to their sub placement page -

http://www.psbspeakers.com/audio-topics/How-to-Set-Up-a-Subwoofer-Placement-Basi cs

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1033
You gotta post some photos of the wedding, Nick.

Especially the ones after the open bar.

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Wisconsin

Post Number: 784
Congrat's Nick.

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon the fields.

May the light of friendship guide your paths together.
May the laughter of children grace the halls
of your home.
May the joy of living for one another trip a smile
from your lips,
A twinkle from your eye.

And when eternity beckons,
at the end of a life heaped high with love,
May the good Lord embrace you
with the arms that have nurtured you
the whole length of your joy-filled days.
May the gracious God hold you both
in the palm of His hands.

And, today, may the Spirit of Love
find a dwelling place in your hearts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1883
That sounds like a neat idea Stu, I think I'll try it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us