Pioneer vsx-d307 surround problem

For some reason I've not been able to get my surround speakers to function. I've gone according to the directions but can get sound only from front and center channel speakers. Any ideas?

mos
I what mode are you, DTS and DD you must play a DTS DD DVD disc and play it on a DTS out compatible DVD player, in DPL or DPL2 you should be able to get sound from all speakers.
Assuming you know all that:
1.Check if the output level on your receiver is not set to 0 for the rear speakers.
2.Some DVD players must be set to bitstream out for DTS and DD.
3.Be sure you are not connected from your DVD player into the external input in your receiver only to the front inputs, this input requires you to have an external decoder and you must be connected to all the inputs including rears centre and woofer(and more 6.1 or 7.1).

You should connect via optical cable or coax cable to the digital in on your receiver, put the DVD to bitstream out, check the levels on all the channels (see none are set to "0") and watch your favourite DVD in full surround mode :-)

mos
by "0" I mean -9 or -10 or whatever is the mark on your receiver for no output volume
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us