HK7200 or NAD T753 (or T752)

Hi, I am looking into upgrading my Home theater receiver. I had an Onkyo that crapped out last year. I replaced it with a cheap Yamaha and the sound clarity loss is noticeable. I am looking to upgrade the receiver (speakers upgrade next year). I'd prefer to upgrade this way, rather than the speakers first. I can afford to get the receiver this fall and I'd like opinions. I've read many of the posts so far. The separation is good on the Yamaha but the sound is muddy compared to the Onkyo I had.

I have JBL MRV308's front, a Yamaha center channel speaker, Klipsch sub, and Bose acoustimass surrounds.

Another option is splitting the total over a receiver and pair of fronts.

Anonymous
I prefer the HK sound to the NAD sound. I auditioned the NAD T752 and HK 525 and 325. Overall I liked HK over NAD.

Anonymous
The best suggestion I can give you is to listen to both of them and see which you prefer. If you are wondering what I think, then I will tell you that I love the HK sound and have never heard a NAD but I know that NAD makes awesome receivers as well.

Remember, sound is subjective so you really should listen to both, before buying one. I am sure you will be happy with either regardless of which one you pick.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us