Help Coosing Budget Integrated

Username: Jbrealty

Post Number: 8
I am thinking of an amp upgrade ... any advise on which of these would sound the most transparent, precise and musical? (I may upgrade my speakers down the road but like the 9.1s for now) Any other similarly priced suggestions that might be better than what Im considering. Thanks

Rotel 1062
Cambridge 640a v2
NAD c355bee or c272/162 or c372

Current Specs:

Two Channel Audio/Video System

Video:
Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma
Denon DVD 1930CI DVD Player

Audio:
NAD C720BEE Stereo Amplifier
Cambridge Audio 640c V2
Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Monitors
REL T1 Subwoofer
Blue Jeans LC-1 Stereo Audio Cables
Canare 4S11 Speaker Cable, Bi-wired
Sanus 26" Steel Monitor Stands

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1045
The NAD would be the lowest on my list.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7088
Add the Rega amps and Creek Evo to that.

Post Number: 9
hmmm creek evo sounds interesting ... think that would sound better than my other options? noticable difference in my current set up that would be worth the upgrade? have enough power for future speaker upgrades?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12736

Try one of the class T amps such as the Trends. http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0707/trends_audio_ta101.htm Unless you want to blast your music, this should work with your present speakers. When you upgrade speakers, don't buy speakers that suck power.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7089
The Creek Evo would likely be a good match...well balanced and lively.

Post Number: 10
What about a Creek Classic 5050SE?
I noticed the older models got great reviews, any reviews on this current model?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7099
Those are very nice amps as well. Some folks find them a bit too lively however I doubt that would be a problem with the Wharfedales.

Bronze Member
Username: Arturgorniak

Allentown, PA US

Post Number: 29
I am using Creek Classic 5350SE with Arcam FMJ CD36 and Spendors S5e and I have to tell you that I love it. As you can see in my other posts I was about to give up on Creek for his ear ripping sound untill it got approx. 200 hours where he started to show up what is capable of!!!!!!!! Sweet, warm, smooth sound with jaw dropping soundstage. I have no clue how it might sound with Wharfedales but DO NOT buy that amp without auditioning burned-in unit!!!!!! Here is the deal:
you will either love it or hate it!!!!!!!! (nothing in between)
I have to say that 5350SE Is one of the best bargain on the integrated amps' market BUT only when matched with the right equipment!!!!

Safer choice would be with Evo..........

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 365
"have enough power for future speaker upgrades?"

Speaker upgrades shouldn't assume more power requirements. Often, it's quite the contrary. More power doesn't equal better sound. Some of the best sounding amps I've heard are under 25 watts, matched with reasonably efficient speakers.

Of course, it all depends on taste and listening habits. Everyone's is different.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3068
The brand new Arcam FMJ A28 impressed me enormously recently. I ahven't tried the cheaper A18 yet, but I'd have to put it on your short list. If it's anything like it's bigger brother, it'll be quite something.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us