Purchasing New Stereo - Help Please

Username: Jordanb

Toronto, Ontario

Post Number: 2
I live in Toronto Canada, have a young family and I am in the process of purchasing a new stereo, speakers, etc. I am just easing my way back into home audio and have set a budget of between $2000-$3000. I am planning to put the componenets in our living room and with small children want speakers to be mountable.

My questions are: (1) what good would you reccomend re speakers (compact and wall mountable) and other components (CD player and receiver or amp/pre-amp); and (2) if you are familiar with Toronto, what stereo store do you like/suggest I visit?

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 266
Hey Jordan,

Those are loaded questions which I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions for.

Here's a link to a store in Toronto (well Richmond Hill), that are very helpful in showing and educating about their stuff. And in my experience, they don't pressure any sales.

http://www.americansound.com/

Username: Gt80rider

USA

Post Number: 9
instead of listening to all the keyboard jockey's here... truthfully, just head out and listen to as many pieces as possible (using your preferred source material)... try to only compare products in the same sound room to each other, as each sound room is so different from another... if possible, bring models from another room into the preferred room to audition... if anything makes you smile, cut the check! if nothing warms your insides, move on....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us