Speakers for Marantz SR4300

Dud
Before I take the plunge, I'd appreciate a few opinions on the relative merits of matching the following speaker systems to the Marantz SR4300 amp.

Mission M70
Tannoy MX
Athena API P5
Eltax Liberty 5.0

If none of the above are suitable, I may end up going for a deal with the Yamaha RX V440 RDS with a free set of Yamaha NSP100s. Any comments on that too?

Hawk
Get the Missions with the Marantz. Killer combo for small rooms.

Dud
Thanks.

OR what about the Wharfedale Moviestar 70 5.1 set? I've just found them online for significantly less than the Missions - but are they any good with the Marantz?

Dud
Or the Mordaunt Short Premiere system, which has just been reduced into my price range?

Hawk
Dud:

Don't know anything about the Wharfdales--haven't seen them in my 'hood. However, the Mordant Shorts should be a good match, as Marantz and MS have been working together for about three years.

Dud
Yeah, I've now found a few review systems where they've paired up the Mordant Shorts with the SR4300, and a couple of online offers (bundled with a Marantz dvd player).

So my final choice is between the Missions and the Mordants.

I want to listen to music as well (hence the Marantz amp) and the room is about 20' x 10', although only 12' x 10' is lounge - the other end is the dining room. So I've effectively got a 12' x 10' space which is open at one end. Couple of sofas to deaden the sound.

Cast your votes now!

Jon
I have the amp with AE Aegis Evo3 floorstanders sounds superb for music and films, my old Tannoy M3 for rears, you have to try a centre rear as well.

I have the same problem also, I am considering JBL SCS150SI, Jamo A410PDD and Yamaha NS-P430

Pros please give your comments
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us