2 Satellites/sub other than Bose for less than $300?

Bronze Member
Username: Rash

Post Number: 16
I have wired two walls in our being-built sunroom for speakers - one is the wall where the reciever (onkyo 8522)and eventual subwoofer will be. The other is the wall directly across the room. On both walls, the speakers will be about 8 ft high. On the first wall I have plenty of room to hang a decent size speaker - something with a 6.5 woofer or so. The opposite wall is mostly windows, so there is only a little room for speakers - cube speakers would be perfect; largest possible speakers would be maybe 5.25 woofer at most -anything larger starts to block the window, and will most likely cast a shadow.

So, I would like some good sound separation and good bass. If I get something like Polk Atrium 55 for 1st wall, I get decent bass, but no separation, even with a subwoofer (sub will be on same side of room). Bose Acoustimass 3 or 5 would fit perfectly and provide the separation, but I've read some bad things about Bose and am concerned that they won't do well with moderate-to-high volume rock and roll.

Thoughts? Recommendations on satellite/sub system other than Bose? Anything $300 or less?

I should note - this is not home theater - music only, so only need 2 sats and a sub.

Gold Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1220
A pair of these

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ATWS15

coupled with

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ATASP4100B

would probably do the trick. Should be able to find them at Best Buy.

Bronze Member
Username: Rash

Post Number: 17
Should have specified - they need to be white (the speakers - sub doesn't matter).

Gold Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1222
Only other thing I can think of off the top of my head would be the Polk RM line.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1320
See if you can find a pair or Mirage Omni-stats. CC had them discounted down from about ~$250 USD each to about ~$65 USD each. They come in white.

A friend of mine has a modded pair of NAMs in near perfect condition that you could probably buy used at a good price too!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us