Receiver - speaker questions

Kaffine
Hi

I just bought a Kenwood 1080VR receiver on EBay, and was going to use it to replace my current Yamaha receiver that came with the minisystem. The speakers are impecible for their size, and I am hoping that they will work fine on my new receiver. The speakers are rated at 6 ohms with Nominal input at 60 watts and Maximum input at 110 watts.

The Kenwood receiver has an output of 120w per channel front L and R and judging from the spec sheet(http://upload.kenwoodusa.com/pub/97brochures/home/avcomp97.pdf), all the models in that line are at 6ohms.

What I want to know, if if this will damage my speakers or my receiver at all. It seems like it will be a nice receiver, with Dolby 5.1 support and Toslink/coax inputs with a decent setup, considering I bought it for $40 on ebay. The reason I got it was for the Toslink, because for whatever reason, my Yamaha minisystem has opt out on the CD player, but no opt in on the receiver (??).

One more question if I may. What gague speaker wire should I get for this system?

Kaffine
Oops, I meant to say that the receiver is 8ohms, missed that on the spec sheet

Kaffine
Anyone?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us