Receiver for Paradigm or PSB speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Kothrush

Post Number: 16
I am looking for a receiver for either Paradigm or PSB speakers. I have listen to paradigms Monitor 9 and I'll audition PSB Image series soon before deciding between them. I would like to get some idea about what receiver would go well with them ?

My first thought was to have NAD, but may be higher end Onkyo or Denon should also go well with them ? The receiver should be surround sound (5.1 at least) capable and should have HDMI to connect to my HDTV. I looking for something around $1000 for receiver , I hope that gives me good receiver to pair with those speakers.

If someone has experience with those receivers and speakers combination, please share your opinion.
Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1484
NAD goes well with Paradigm and especially PSB. I know from experience on that one. Look at the Onkyo line though and take a listen to see what you think. They are a very good AVR as well. IMO I can't stand the sound of anything Denon makes but thats just my ears, doesn't mean you might not like it. Rotel AVR's go well with Paradigm as well. Best thing for you to do is go out and audition some stuff, see what you like the best.

Username: 519sledr

Post Number: 2
I recommend an NAD receiver - they do work well with Paradigms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
thanks, it seems NAD goes well with both. It seems NAD might be pushing my $1k budget for surround sound HDMI receiver. I need to look into Onkyo and H/K too I guess.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
multi channel nad is gonna cost me more than $2k. It seems its time to look into onkyo. I think psb needs 4 ohm connection. Any idea how well onkyo drives those speakers?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1519
Onkyo will drive them just fine. The NEW NAD line is expensive. It is better in every way than their last offerings but still pricey IMO. Best bang for your dollar right now is the Onkyo AVR's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Onkyo TX-SR805 around $1k seems to be be powerful enough to drive NAD. I guess I need to find a dealer and listen to onkyo, see how I feel compare to NAD. If anyone has experience with this receiver please let me know.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1521
Frank will be along as he has lots of experience with that receiver.

Username: Taderbutt

Oregon United states

Post Number: 5
Get some older rotel stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 964
Older Rotel stuff may not have the HDMI connections the OP wanted.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us