Trying out stuff. From dissapointment to applause.

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 669
Being the curious fellow I am I ordered two things and long enough after I ordered them and with some hefty import taxes, they finally came!

Take a look at the pics..

The speakers were the ltd edition quad 11ls, new. I didnt like them, yes they weren't bad but they just didnt' do anything for me compared to my monitor audio br2s at half the price. I gave them 3 hours and the treble just wasn't cutting it, I knew that break in time couldnt fix it, it'd have to be a miracle drastic change. I'm surprised as I liked the wharfedale diamond 9.1s.

Second, the Winsome Labs Mouse t-amp. I quite like this I really do and have noticed its sounding a little better as I use it more.
However, its slightly unmusical in comparison to my Marantz pm6002. Better bass then the Marantz, deeper and tighter. The midrange is also smoother with the Mouse. The Mouse does have a nice soundstage, like its refined and its noticeably improving, the same with imaging.
Time will tell, I'm giving it a week then selling one of the amps and I'm done with audio gear for a long while!!

Just thought I'd share a few of my endeavours.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 900
Cool T-amp. How many watts does it push?

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 901
Did you try it with your MA's?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us