Looking for info re: nad 1600

Username: Backabeyond

Post Number: 1
hi,
i need to replace the power transformer on my nad 1600. does anyone out there happen to have a service manual on this receiver? nad isn't selling power transformers for it anymore and they charge an arm and a leg for the service manual. i'm trying to find out the ac voltage coming out of the power transformer so i can make do with something else. anyone who can share an info would be much appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: John_ashman

Albuquerque, NM United States

Post Number: 215
I'm assuming you realize that it's not technically a receiver - no power amps. Best thing to probably do, assuming you can't find a manual, is buy a used one and make the easy transplant. They shouldn't sell for more than $100 these days. Are you sure it's a transformer?

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 203
If I remember....NAD1600 was a tuner/preamp from mid/late 80's?
Manuals available online, for a price.
Careful, though, as quality is variable. A good print is essential to read 'the fine print'......some component values...etc.

If you are near a 'major city', there may be a shop that already has such a manual. If they DON'T (likely) make giving them the manual part of the negotiation for cost....

Post Number: 2
ah, thanks for the advice. i did just find a couple places online that sell the manual, but i'll try to make sure that the quality is good before buying.

Post Number: 3
john,
yeah, i'm pretty sure it's the transformer. i'm hoping that buying a manual online and getting another part is going to cost a lot less than $100, but we'll see...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us