Monitor Audio vs Mission vs Polk

Username: Coolioo

Timisoara, Timis Romania

Post Number: 1
Hello guys. I have recently aquired a new Onkyo 605 receiver. Now I would like to complete my HT setup by aquiring a 5.0 speaker set. A sub will be added later.
Unfortunately, because of my limited budget and because of the limited speaker availability to the merchant i'm limited at the following 3 speaker sets:

Monitor Audio set:
Fronts: BR 2
Sattelites: BR 1
Center: BR LCR

Mission set:
Fronts: Mission M34i
Sattelites: Mission M31i
Cener : Mission M32i

Polk Audio set:
Front :Monitor 50
Sattelites : Monitor 30
Center : CS1

Please note that I can't go to listen them because the merchant is at 200 km away.

Could someone please help me to decide which speaker set to buy?

Thanks,
Daniel

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 867
Out of those three brands I would go for the Monitor Audio. They're truly in a whole different class than the Polk. I know nothing about Mission speakers, so I can't comment on those.

Username: Coolioo

Timisoara, Timis Romania

Post Number: 2
Hello. Based on reviews from other forums as well , I will buy the MA set but with a B&W ASW 300 sub.

Thanks for your help.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 872
Good choice. Just make sure you check the return policy, so that you can return them if it turns out you really don't like them.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1422
Good choice, Monitor Audio speakers are leaps and bounds better IMO than Polk(YUCK) and Mission speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 273
Anyone hear the Monitor platinum's yet? They look fantastic.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1436
No, but in the last What HiFi Magazine I got they claim that they set a whole new benchmark for speakers. The guy said they were amazing.

Username: Rio203

Post Number: 1
i have ma gs60's they are great speakers

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 920
Very nice.

I'm jealous.

Username: Zenboy

Post Number: 2
i was considering bookshelves in the same price range as the MA br2s. from the limited research i did, other suggestions in that range that i looked at were millenia m2 v2 and kef iq1. you may want to check out those options

i actually stretched my budget a little and picked up a pair of kef iq3's. they're en route at the moment :-), but that's probably not much help. i think the MA's have a good reputation over at avs, though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us