Binding Post Terminal and Banana Terminals, Which is Better?

whiteusmc75
I have the advantage of pre-wiring my living room with in-wall 14 gauge speaker wire in my under construction home. Im using a company called Levitron, they have faceplates w/ terminals like phone jacks, speaker terminals, etc, etc, you just plug the desired terminal in the open hole in the faceplate. Which is a better type of terminal, a binding post or banana jack terminal??? Can you use the binding post terminal to plug in banana plugs or tighten the bare wire as well? Does the banana plug terminal just give you banana plug type of input?

timn8ter
The better choice is a post that you can tighten by hand. Banana jacks loosen over time.

Bala
You can use a binding post that has a hollow center and thus accepts banana plugs.

If you must use a bare wire, you would probably want to get a loop or spade at the end of the wire before connecting to the post. It's just cleaner; I prefer this to the banana plugs as you decide how tight you want the post to hold your connections instead of leaving it to the banana plug.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us