Any Boston Acoustics Fans?

Username: Mark_of_cenla

Plaucheville, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 9
I used to work at a stereo store that sold many Boston Acoustics speakers. My main speakers are T1000's, Boston's top of the line from the mid-80s. They still sound great. I have not heard any of the current ones, but I am planning a road trip to Baton Rouge so that I can.

Are there any other Boston Acoustics fans out there?

Anonymous

I had the opportunity to test Boston VRM tower (can't remember the model that cost $999.95 a piece) against Monitor Audio Silver tower speaker ( also can't remember the model, 8 or 9 ) at Sound Advice FL. their both very good except that the Monitor comes better in every music while the Boston is good for about 75% of what we play. probably bec the Monitor is 3 way while the Boston are 2 way.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
How about the original A-100 still being used. It was Boston's first speaker and they weren't fully ready to produce their own drivers so they assembled the wooofers in house and then trucked them over to Aaoustic Research to have the woofer magnets charged. This was when there was a lot of personnell exchanges and friendships between the Boston area speaker companies. They're still inuse in a back room system and a pair of A-40's are being used as surround speakers. Both have had the woofer surrounds replaced but are still going strong.

Bronze Member
Username: Mark_of_cenla

Plaucheville, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 14
I remember the A100's and A40's. My brother that still lives close to me has A40's. Peace.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us