Axiom M60 Vs Ascend CBM 170

Username: Needleye

Post Number: 4
Hi,
Does anyone have any idea as to how these speakers compare. I plan to get the home theater systems from these manufacturers.
Thanks in advance

Raj

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 624
Unfair comparison to an equally excellent loudspeakers in their own right. One is floorstanding with more drivers and the other is a bookshelf speaker.
The Ascends are an excellent sounding bookshelf with great soundstage and awesome detail and clarity. You can't go wrong if you are looking for bookshelves.
Same with the Axiom M60s if you are looking for a great set of floorstanders.
cheers

Post Number: 5
Thanks Its like I cant figure out which one I should go with, floor standing or bookshelf I have a pretty big living room I am not sure the bookshelves will do it. also the surrounds on the ascends are the CBM 170 vs Quadpolar QS8s in the Axiom. Does that make a difference.
TY
Raj

Silver Member

Post Number: 635
between the Ascends and Quadpolar is now a matter of personnal preference. I like the Ascends but I think its qualities I believe would be wasted if it is relegated to the surrounds.

Post Number: 6
I am sorry I meant in addition to the two fronts which are CBM 170 the surrounds are 170 too.
Raj

Silver Member

Post Number: 636
Oh, I see. I'd stick with the Ascends, if it was my system.
cheers

Unregistered guest
Axion does not impress me whatsover. They appear to have been designed to have tons of phase problems. Wouldn't recomend them, sorry. The Ascends seem to be built better, on paper. But for a website that touts itself as "Full of specs" I failed to find one single mention of the all important x-over, except that it was designed with the aid of a computer (BFD) Probably still have phase problems, but they look like they use better parts. You can do better than either of these. Parts Express offers a 6" 2 way kit for about $200.00/pair that would probably be better than either of these two. Just my $.02

Unregistered guest
Axion does not impress me whatsover. They appear to have been designed to have tons of phase problems. Wouldn't recomend them, sorry. The Ascends seem to be built better, on paper. But for a website that touts itself as "Full of specs" I failed to find one single mention of the all important x-over, except that it was designed with the aid of a computer (BFD) Probably still have phase problems, but they look like they use better parts. You can do better than either of these. Parts Express offers a 6" 2 way kit for about $200.00/pair that would probably be better than either of these two. Just my $.02
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us