PSB problem

Bronze Member
Username: Drumsuck

St. johns, Newfoundland Canada

Post Number: 12
One of my PSB Alpha's is sounding muffled for some unknown reason. The problem is definately in the speaker itself, as I tried everything else, and switched the speaker to the other channel.

One speaker produces clear, crisp ringing highs, but the other sounds muffled and muddy. I've tried phasing, too.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
You've blown out the tweeter. How loud where you playing before you noticed this "problem"?

Bronze Member
Username: Drumsuck

St. johns, Newfoundland Canada

Post Number: 13
About average volume for me, which is only ever about 50 - 75% up my volume dial. My HK is only rated at 80w, and the PSB's are supposed to handle 90 I think.

The HK is 8ohm rated and the PSB's nominal impedance is 6. Is that a possible problem? Future Shop said that the HK 3380 is 6 ohm capable.

Bronze Member
Username: Rickypearson

Post Number: 16
They will tell you what they can to make them look good, Depending on the Model and how old it is but if your HK recevier Is 8 Ohm min Capabilitie and you put in something with a 6 Ohm Capabilitie then yes that would be grounds for the Tweeter to Blow because the Reciver things its pushing 8 Ohm in to an 8 Ohm Speaker but its not and over time its gets to be to much and something has to give

Hope this helps, Any other Questions Email me Rickypearson@shaw.ca
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us