PS3 and Hitachi 51SWX20B connection

Silver Member
Username: Pablo

Post Number: 104
I know that this is a wrong place for this but you guys helped me before so...

I have Hitachi 51SWX20B and just bought PS3. Hitachi has HDCP V1.0 DVI. When I used HDMI cable with DVI adapter - no picture. (there is a picture via provided composit cable). And yes I did change the setings. I did the same set up with my dell monitor and it is working fine. So this is not PS3 or cable. What is wrong please??

Pablo

Platinum Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2815
This sounds like a handshaking problem to me. Ensure that your adaptor has the ability to feed back the handshake information to the PS3 so they two units can talk.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
I've gived up, got component cable. Was not able to get this running.
Pablo

Platinum Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2823
You should still be able to upscale via component, provided the hitachi can cope with it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
Sorry, what I ment is that I was not able to run it via hdmi/dvi. Component is OK.
Frank do you know what is the best media server for ps3? I got winamp working but the quality is not the same as burning dvd for example. Maybe it is just a setting - have to check but it looks like it is just streaming in mp2 quality for music and video.

Pablo

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2834
Hmmm, not sure. A friend of mine claims that tversity is excellent and it's free. Look at:

http://www.tversity.com/home

However, for ripping CDs and DVDs I really don't know what the best is. I've read up about a couple of brands but I forget their names...sorry!

As to the HDMI/DVI thing, you should be able to get it to work, provided nothing is wrong with the Hitachi's handshake. It should work.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
Thank you, I will try this server.
On HDMI/DVI - I gave up. I think there is compability issue with hitachi dvi being 1.1

Pablo

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
GOT IT!!!
DVI-D is the answer! Just read this at some forum went to the futureshop and bought single link dvi-d on one side, hdmi on the other and PS3 connected with my hitachi no problem at 1080i.
It was frustrating but finaly I found solution.

Pablo

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2921
Sorry, 1080i or 1080p? Is the screen a 1080p screen or 'just' an HD Ready (720p/1080i) screen? If it is then set the PS3's output to auto and let it negotiate with the Hitachi for best results.

For 1080p you need a blu-ray disc of course.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
1080i. So leave it at PS3 auto? I heard also that with older rear projectors - mine is about 5 years old Hitachi 51SWX20B 720p looks better then 1080i. Any comments?

Pablo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us