Athena Point 5 MKII or Klipsch quintet series?????

Anonymous
Hi guys, Looking for a set of good sats and i came up with a couple of decent nominations. However i cannot decide which would work best. If it wouldnt be too much trouble can anyone give their opinion on which may be better sounding. I will be doing pretty much 50 music / 50 movie. Thanks

Hawk
"Which would work best" with WHAT? What receiver or amp are you using to drive the proposed speaker system? It can make a huge difference.

Anonymous
I'll be running them off an HK AVR 310. Is this an ok receiver, I figured for $200 bucks i couldn't do better. Thanks guys

LaRon
I would say the Athenas. If you go with there sub it is clean but but does not have the inpact of the klipsch sub. The Athenas Speakers on the other hand shoud better on their own. If you are at a best buy store that has a Home theater room, than listen to the "Ice Age" demo.You can Hear the wind and the snow very clear on the Athenas, while the Klipsch it is not as present. If you want to get all the details for the movies and music, go Athena. If you would rather have the inpact, go Klipsch. If you want the best of both worlds get the Athenas and the Klipsch sub (or any other powerful sub).

Derek
I have the Athenas and continue to be amazed at thier sound quality. I run a Denon 1804 receiver and puchased a returned set of Point 5s for $240. They are made by the same company that produces Energy speakers (I have purchased 3 sets of Take 5s) at a lower cost. I have the MKIs and the sub appears to be the major difference.

I haven't heard the Klipsch you mention. I would suggest listening to them both with material you know well.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
I have the Athena speakers and am getting a good subwoofer. What receiver compliments the speakers best? Denon, HK, Yamaha?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us