Rotel RCD 1072

Bronze Member
Username: Funkmeister

Post Number: 44
It's a mother!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9916
It plays well, but can be a little unforgiving in the higher registers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Interesting how some posters ascribe human characteristics to audio gear. If "a little unforgiving" means it doesn't round off or soften the high end, I agree. I don't want forgiving, I want accuracy. If I want forgiving, I'll play a vinyl lp, 8 track or visit my preacher.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1208
Why do you think forgiving and accuracy are mutually exclusive?

With the tweaking I do in my kit on occaison I get a piercing of sorts from the treble which becomes fatiguing and shortens the time I will listen. I then either change something else or undo whatever created that brighness and can again listen endlessly to accurate music without the fatigue.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9946
I have always described the 1072 as 'accurate'.
In some situations,with some recordings, 'accurate' is one step away from sibilance.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
Because forgiving means it modifies the signal. If the original signal or recording has a harsh upper in, a forgiving player will soften it. That is not accuracy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Sorry, meant harsh upper "end". My spelling and keyboarding both suck from time to time. Nuck is right.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6597
Rotel makes a very nice CD player...

Accurate, not really. I own one and enjoy it very much...but if it's accurate I guess the Apollo is live musicians in my living room and the Saturn is like being in the mind of the musician...hardly.

Rotel makes a nice deck...let's leave at that.

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 157
Boy, what a timely post!
I am in a position to now FINALIZE my system with the purchase of a good CD player.
The choices are the Rotel, which I have the money for, the Rega Apollo, which my favorite store JUST began carrying and the Naim of unknown price (fear strikes out). No NAD on the list and I am still looking for a stocking CA dealer.

I hesitate to get into a semantic arguement about players, but would like to add that the album being played is critical.....
I believe that to be fair to each player, you need to talk about the same disk.
I have a Louis Prima disk. Poor quality, on some of the tunes. I don't think even a Saturn would help!

All I am saying is that to discuss the merits of various players without note of the music being played sells 'em all short.
Nuck's comment is right.... It is true that 'not all recordings are created equal'.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Well Art, you are entitled to your opinion, even if it flies in the face of any number of experts who have favorably reviewed the product. I'll give it the exact weight it is entitled-a big fat zero.

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 227
I don't care for the Rotel CD players, and I own one.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6602
That's fine Jimmy......

BTW my ears are my most trusted expert...yours are for you as well I hope.

So Jimmy why so hostile...this is an audio forum not a boxing ring. We are all entitled to our opinions and what our ears tell us is what I would hope we trust the most.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2588
Jimmy Wilson was one of the alleged other names of Dale Wiley. That may explain the hostility.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
I won't bother to dignify Stupid's post with a response. Art, I see nothing "hostile" in my reply. Direct yes, but not hostile. This may not be a boxing match but I shouldn't have to handle you guys with kid gloves.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Marc, what model Rotel and what equipment are you pairing it with? If you have a set of premium Wal-mart speakers and a 50 cent amp, I might understand your post. And by the way, I love Wal-mart.

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Wisconsin

Post Number: 690
good eye, Stu

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
Dale Wiley is a legend and my hero. Folks just can't seem to forget him. Amazing fellow.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6603
Dale and I have not had a hostile relationship so that would be new.

No one is asking for kid gloves Jimmy...

Rotel is not going to be for everyone. I like the sound but certainly don't think of them as the last word in audio.

I've owned 2 Rotel AVR's, 2 Rotel power amps an integrated, 2 preamps including a hot rodded one that I have in the closet right now and my RCD971 cd player which I had modified by one of the best techs I know.

I do know a little about the Rotel sound.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Art, you the man. Gots plenty of sense. Wish I could say the same for some of your compatriots. Take care.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9958
I have been dying for another assehole in disguise to show up.
The Rotel cdp 1072 is a very good player for RnR..that's what I use it for.
The Apollo or the Cambridge units are better for well rounded use with a wider variety of use.
But for RnR, the 1072 spins.

The attack is very fast, that's what makes it accurate to me, the attack of the guitar strings on a good Rock recording, like John Mellencamp's 'uh huh'.
The player works very well with a gnarly disc like, Van Wailin's 'Diver Down' as well, just for the attack.
Punch, Punch.

I used it with a Rotel amp(modded) and a stock 100wpc model.

With the Classe, it wakes things up quickly as compared to the Apollo.

Gold Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1214
Admin,

I agree wholeheartedly with the above post. If Jimmy Wilson is the reincarnation of Wiley he should be immediately banned.

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 195
Agreed. Jimmy, go listen to your Rotel. It's a fine player. You should be so graceful.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Oh, I see Wodek, you want to ban someone based on an assumption and let the real culprit go free. Forum rules do not permit me to call you what you really are. It's the good ole boys club all over again.

Gold Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1217
As was posted in "CD vs DVD Player"

"Jimmy, it appears that reading comprehension is not your strong point."

1. Re-read my post you just referenced, very slowly this time.

2. Anybody who has been banned and shows up re-incarnated under another alias is to be immediately banned.

If the shoe fits...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
Wodek, I read your post.Nothing in it requires thought.You agree with Nuck's statement and language.I see you don't even understand what you write.Of course, that's a coming failing of yours.

Gold Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1218
Well thank you JW. I appreciate you're confirming and reconfirming who you really are. After all, I did post "If Jimmy Wilson is the reincarnation.."

Your adamant responses jump to the conclusion of that is who you are.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9978
Second verse same as the first.

Silver Member
Username: Nmytree

Post Number: 167
Accuracey is over-rated, in my opinion.

I've always prefered players (and gear in general) that "softens" the signal and delivers a smooth, musical and enjoyable presentation; for hours upon hours of musical enjoyment.

I have no interest in disecting and overly-analyzing the recording. I just want to listen to music.

Furthermore, unless you're the band/artist, producer and engineer; you have no way of knowing if the final result on a CD is accurate to what they wanted.

There are many steps/stages to recording, mixing, engineering, mastering and producing the final product we hear on CDs.

At any step someone could do something that completely ruins the artist's intent. Brickwalling being one of the most hidious and musically destructive approaches to mastering/mixing the music for CD/Vinyl....etc.

Brickwalling is very rarely (if ever) what the artist/band intended.

Therefore, a complete and absolute inaccurate representation of the artist/band's vision and intent for their music.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12406

Chris H
Silver Member

Nova Scotia
Canada

Post Number: 200
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 11:43 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Duh, does that mean like it rains alot in the forum ? Like, I've totally never noticed that.

Jimmy Wilson
Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 02:12 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Translation, please.

ROTFLMAO

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
Accuracy may, in your opinion, be overrated. I guess you would make the same claim about video reproduction. But if real life isn't the standard, what is?

Username: Peterhead

Post Number: 1
Jimmy is absolutely right. That 1072 is outstanding, rivaling players twice it price. He's also right about some of these as*holes who troll the site. Too bad administrators let this kind of thing go on. Just because a guy has 2 miilion posts doesn't mean that he should be allowed to skirt the rules.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 201
"He's also right about some of these as*holes who troll the site."

How would you have come to that conclusion after 1 post ? You seem to have the same advanced powers of deductive reasoning as Jimmy.

The Rotel's a fine player. Leave it at that. Not everyone has to share you opinion(s) that it's more than that.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 202
"Translation, please."

Truly special. I haven't experienced this type of irony since I was run over by an Access-a-Bus.

Platinum Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1313
lol nice name change Jan, I mean John. Your a real mother. lol Good times eh Wiley?

Platinum Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2600
Hopefully he's been banned again. "John" posts were deleted.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/suggestions/469210.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10005
Thanks, Brian.
I will keep the language clean.

Platinum Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1225
Seconded

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1121
has he been banned yet?

Username: Jvigne

Post Number: 9
The 1072 is a mother. So are the rest of you guys.

Post Number: 10
Oh by the way, why would anybody want to impersonate Jan Vigne? Oops. Sorry. That's what a bunch of you guys love to do.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Thanks, Brian.
I will keep the language clean. Nuck.

It's about time. Anyone else would have been banned long ago.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10079
Have no worries, you will be banned again soon.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
You first, we hope.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Never thought I would live to agree with a Vigne. But when he's right, he's right. Nuck should have been banned 9900 posts ago.

Post Number: 6
You ain't never lied.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2669
Do you enjoy talking to all your different personalities?

Post Number: 7
Whatchutalkinbout Stupid?

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2671
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Nice post Stu. I likes that.