Cyrus CD 6s VS Marantz SA 7001

Bronze Member
Username: Markdavid

Post Number: 25
Hi All

After listening to various CD players , i have shortlisted these two CDP .
Can anyone advice me which will be better for Quad ,Nad combo.

thanks in advance

regards

mark

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6557
If it's between those 2 I would go for the Cyrus just because I really don't like the sound of Marantz cd players.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
oops Any other views?????/

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6558
oops???

If you've listened to them and shortlisted them then you must like them. Only you know why you like them just as only you know what you are looking for. The only view that counts here is yours. Buy the one that sounded best to your ears.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
hi ART
You are right , but the demo i saw was in two different places , so i could not compare these two models directly.

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1079
I myself bought the SA-8001, and believe it is an outstanding player. It has excellent detail retrieval, doesn't sound digital or mechanical to my ears, and lets you hear into the music.

Also, it is much smoother than my previous Rotel unit...again, this player does not sound mechanical.

I believe it is also quite robust sounding, images and details are brought forth and right out into the room. If anything is on the CD, this should be able to get it out within reason, except for the last n-th degree.

Some people feel that the Marantz players can sound slow, so audition for yourself. You are the one that has to live with it and listen to it.

I'll post more when I have more time.

Art, have you listened to the 8001 yet? Different animal than the lower end stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1081
the 8001 is the US version of the SA-7001 just going by the marantz website.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6559
No I haven't Gav. I do have a friend who is a Marantz dealer and we've known each other for 25 yrs (I also know 2 other Marantz dealers personally). I bought my Marantz CD63 from his as well as the modded Rotel that I have in my office...he doesn't carry the upper end (because he doesn't like them) Marantz cd players and I haven't heard one I liked in many years.

Like most audio gear each one of us brings our set of preferences to the table when listening. Just like Frank doesn't like my Rega R5 speakers and I don't like Martin Logan's we all have our own way of understanding music and different presentations bring each of us closer to the real thing (live music).

I wouldn't mind hearing that player however the 3 folks who I know who deal Marantz don't carry it because they believe you can do better for the money. That's not to say that they are right...in fact I've caught them with their pants down before relative to their own products...so who knows.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Thanks Gavin and Art for the information.
i think i will be purchasing the Marantz SA 7001 over the Cyrus. Will keep you updated.
thanks
mark

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6562
As always...enjoy the music!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
After a month long search for the CDP , i finally bought the Cyrus CD6s, i was about to buy the Marantz SA 7001 , but the sales guy did not have stock of them and was expected only after 2 weeks.

This Cyrus is a good player , but i dint like the noise on the tray. Is it natural you hear the noise or only in my player i am hearing that .

thanks

David
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us