Music Hall MMF-7.1

Bronze Member
Username: Jazzman71

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 89
Has anyone heard this? How does it stack up to comparably priced Rega tables? Thx.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2543
For the money, a Rega P3-24 and Dynavector 10x5 sound far better to my ears. The P3 is built better and has better upgrade potential.

Music Hall tables can sound very good. They're not designed too well. They're made in the same factory as Pro-Ject, which are very well made. For some reason the Music Hall tables have problems. It has to be design flaws according to my rationale.

If you can hear and see them both side by side, it should be obvious that the Rega is the better deck in every way. The Music Hall may look more expensive on the surface, but when you look closely at things like the tonearm, motor, etc, you'll see the difference.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6524
One reason the Nusic Hall's have trouble is Roy Hall's lack of desire to back up Music Hall products...buy anything else.

BTW I posted something similar earlier which appears to have been removed

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6525
Apparently we've lost the ability to edit again...wow what a crappy forum. Obviously I meant Music Hall.

Bronze Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 90
Stu and Art,

My sincere thanks for your input. Art, I want you to know I am not questioning your prior judgement and recommendations regarding Rega. I just have not seen a lot about the MMF tables, and a few have come up recently on A'gon that look like good deals.

As it looks like everyone is jumping ship here, where can I find you guys? I am not a member of any other forums although I joined AK yesterday and I belong to Audiogon. I don't want to lose the great help and comradorie I have gotten here from you two and others on this forum. Thanks.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6535
were not going anywhere Neil...just a little frustrated. If the vAdmin here makes the appropriate changes and I'm confident he/she will then were gonna be alright.

Who are you at AK?

Much bigger forum, need to know where to find ya.

BTW I'm also at Audiogon...I don't post there very often but you'll find my system under Member Systems, Budget Minded.

Bronze Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 92
Neil W

Original, huh?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6539
I'm Art K....looks like were both "The Originals".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us